Released on September 21, 2021.
- We've added a link to our donation page in
Help → Donate, to make it easier for users to contribute to the project financially (MR #3325)
- Thanks to the upstream fix in gtk3, pressure sensitivity works again with Windows Ink activated (Bug #1437, https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/merge_requests/1563)
- Stroke to Path works on text again (Bug #2333)
- Undoing Stroke to Path no longer loses the object's id (Bug #2759)
- Undoing Object to Path for an object with a Live Path Effect is now possible without also undoing the preceding action (Bug #1504)
- Saving no longer leaks memory (Bug#2800)
- Startup times improved, 3.3 seconds to 3 seconds on one Windows machine (Commit 228b6a)
- Hide unnecessary warnings in terminal about optional font directories not being used (Commit 76fb99)
- Canvas no longer blurred when moving window from HiDPI to a regular display (Commit f7162b)
- Clicking selects objects again on wmii and some other window managers (Bug #2801)
- Caps lock no longer stops Delete, Page Down and some other shortcut keys from working on Windows (Bug #2496)
- Clicking the resize separator will toggle visibility of docked dialog (Commit 3c8683, Bug #4676, MR #2969)
- Welcome dialog:
- Transform dialog: Matrix tab no longer stubbornly insists on using display units instead of the units the user selected (Bug #2429)
- Text and Font dialog: Font features load in under a second, instead of minutes for fonts with lots of font features. More font feature glyphs shown too (Commit 0dacc4, MR #3449)
- Fast crop: Transparency is now respected when applying the
Filters → Fill and Transparency → Fast Cropfilter (Bug #2419)
- EPS: Users that have installed Inkscape in the snap packaging format can open EPS files again (Bug #1406)
- Optimized SVG:
Save as → Optimized SVGworks again in Linux AppImage (Bug #1738)
- Start / end markers: A bug was fixed where the path tip protruded over the arrow marker's end (Bug #2593).
- Help menu: Now using a different set of web links to link to the documentation from the Help menu (MR #3325)
- Snap remembers user preferences even when the home directory is not available to the snap. This may occur in LDAP, SSSD, or other set ups where there is a modified nsswitch.conf and NSCD is not acting as a proxy to snaps. (MR #3474)
- Build fixes:
- All templates generated from the 'Welcome' dialog now use a document scale of 1, making it easier to hand-edit documents created using them (Bug #2728)
- Measure tool:
Fixed a crash when …
- … using a grid with the Document Properties dialog open on Windows. This also fixes a memory leak on other operating systems, that did not necessarily lead to a crash. (Bug #2585)
- … trying to copy an object without ID (Bug #2714)
- … stroke to path applied on paths with no area, fill, stroke, or markers (Bug #2502, Bug 2572)
- … entering a space character in the 'Attributes' field of the 'Clone Original' LPE settings dialog (Bug #1709)
- … closing a window while the filter editer dialog is floating and a filter is selected (Bug #2753)
- … pasting 3D boxes when the 3D box tool is active (Bug #2741)
- … multiple objects selected for spray tool in single path mode (#2740)
- … quitting in command line or when opening windows if done before window fully loads (Bug #2776, Bug #2487)
- … Homebrew or MacPorts used and XDG_DATA_DIRS is not defined (Commit 1a6c62)
Extension bug fixes
The following UI translations received updates:
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Traditional Chinese
- Simplified Chinese
Contributing to interface translations
Want to help with translations? Learn how to help!
Contributing to documentation and documentation translation
Contributions to the documentation translations, as well as improvements to its contents, are welcome at the inkscape-docs repository.
These issues could not be fixed in time for the 1.1.1 release. They also affect Inkscape 1.1, but not earlier versions.
- There are crashes and freezes if the Document Properties dialog is left open for too long, particularly on Windows (Bug #2700, Bug #2107).
- The Export PNG dialog's Export As feature may cause a crash or mangle filenames if non-ASCII characters are used (Bug #2548, Bug #2587). The Export button works.
- Multiple paths sharing a marker will have the wrong color on pdf export (Bug #2545) unless converted to SVG 1.1 style marker. These options are available in the Preferences dialog in the SVG export tab, and requires selecting export as SVG 1.1 per settings in Preferences Dialog in the GTK save dialog.
- Linux users upgrading from 0.92.5 to 1.1.1 on snap will need to manually uninstall then reinstall Inkscape if open or save dialog causes a crash (Bug #2495).
- Inkscape 1.2 — development branch
- Inkscape 1.1 (1.1.1, 1.1.2 (draft)) — current stable release branch
- Inkscape 1.0 (1.0.1, 1.0.2)
- Inkscape 0.92 (0.92.1, 0.92.2, 0.92.3, 0.92.4, 0.92.5)
- Inkscape 0.91
- Inkscape 0.48 (0.48.1, 0.48.2, 0.48.3, 0.48.4, 0.48.5)
- Inkscape 0.47
- Inkscape 0.46
- Inkscape 0.45
- Inkscape 0.44
- Inkscape 0.43
- Inkscape 0.42
- Inkscape 0.41
- Inkscape 0.40
- Inkscape 0.39
- Inkscape 0.38
- Inkscape 0.37
- Inkscape 0.36
- Inkscape 0.35