Welcome to the Inkscape wiki!
Inkscape is an open source drawing tool. Inkscape uses the scalable vector graphics (SVG) format. Inkscape also imports several formats like EPS, PostScript, JPEG, PNG, BMP, and TIFF and exports PNG as well as multiple vector-based formats.
Key points of interest:
(what should go here?)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) wiki
- Open Clip Art Library project needs wikinode
Visual - visual languageCan't find the server
- OpenOffice.org wiki - is it possible to substitute Inkscape for the "Draw" application in this suite?
- the freedesktop.org wiki "freedesktop.org is open source / open discussion software projects working on interoperability and shared technology for X Window System desktops." Perhaps Inkscape could use the open-source Chinese fonts hosted there? needs wikinode
- gEDA is a specialized Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawing program for Electronic Design Automation (EDA). needs wikinode