Difference between revisions of "User manual information"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 51:||Line 51:|
Revision as of 23:03, 1 August 2007
We need to work now on an update of this Manual and have a specific version for Inkscape.
- Queries about Manual can be added here or sent to <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Translations of the manual
Getting the latest version
- If you want to contribute, download the USER_MANUAL part of SVN (http://inkscape.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/inkscape/user_manual/trunk/)
svn co https://inkscape.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/inkscape/user_manual/trunk user_manual
- If you just want to browse to find a subject, go to http://www.le-radar.com/?mm/inkscape_inkscape.rss and choose your language. It is the most up-to-date version
- An alternative, in-progress, unofficial version can be found at http://www.usinginkscape.com/usermanual
How to Help
- Adding new information to the manual : write your files in docbook or in plain text that we'll convert (please follow the User Manual Guidelines)
- translating pages
- contact a contributor or add your name in the follow list and have a look at the User Manual Work in Progress
- To view the current state in HTML, type "make fr" or "make en" (xsltproc is needed).
- For pictures, you may use the "images/sshot_yourlanguage" directory or create it if necessary".
- Don't translate anything yet, we are working on the French version, which will then be translated into English, and that will become the basis for translation work. You will get a PO file for translating later.
- Why is there only one xml file?
- The single XML file has now been split into language-specific versions, please only edit these.
- How can I produce HTML output from the XML file?
- Type "make your_language" to have truncated html file (one file per sect1), or "make singleYour_language" to have all the manual in one html file.
- Can I export to PDF?
- Yes. Make a single HTML file as described above and run "make pdfYour_language". This depends on htmldoc. If anyone wants to work on a different XSL stylesheet that produce language specific XML file and use db2pdf, it is welcome.
- Cedric Gemy - main contributor - cedric at le-radar.com
- Elisa - contributor in French - elisa at ec.yemanja.net
- John - Author and French/British translation
- Ernesto - Spanish translation - celise at prodigy.net.mx
- Antonio - Italian translation - antonio.angelo at poste.it
- Bryce - English translation/editing - bryce at bryceharrington.com
- Kevin - English translation/editing - inkscape.docs at wixsonit.com
- Colin Marquardt - volunteer for a German translation from English, help with xml2po if needed. Especially interested in Embedded_Help.
- vonHalenbach-de - volunteer for a translation of pygmees manual from English to German
- add COPYING (GPL?)
- use dblatex for conversion to PDF
- get rid of inkscapeUTF.xml
- rename the files to e.g. user_manual.fr.xml
- clean up Makefile
- add Makefile target that uploads a manual snapshot to the Inkscape website