Point on the current template selector
The current system in order to choose a template is deprecated. It's simply a list in the menu (see picture).
Binnette 21:54, 4 March 2010 (UTC)
Is it possible to add completely new attributes into a svg file ? like:
<sodipodi:namedview inkscape:template-name="Web banner 728x90" inkscape:template-name-fr="Bannière Web 728x90" inkscape:template-category="Web/Banner" inkscape:template-description="A banner for a website, size: 728x90 px" ... />
Also, is "sodipodi:namedview" the correct markup for template attributes ?
Binnette 10:11, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, it is possible (we use custom attributes quite a lot in Inkscape). But do it with some care. For example, the category attribute will probably be necessary, but possibly you can just use an existing property for some of the others. --Jaspervdg 12:07, 29 May 2010 (UTC)
Do we have to traduce categories names ? If yes, we can add new attributes in svg files, like :
See ya Binnette 09:52, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
Should we use underscore between words ? like :
or can we simply use:
Binnette 09:55, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
- I'd go with spaces. --Jaspervdg 12:09, 29 May 2010 (UTC)
- Ok, it's noted :-) --Binnette 13:24, 30 May 2010 (UTC)
I think that keywords are optionals, because they must be traduced in too many languages. And there is categories in order to find templates. Should we use them or not ?
Binnette 09:56, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
Is "background" the same category as "Desktop" ? Binnette 09:57, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
"default_mm.svg" and "default_pt.svg" don't respect specifications. Must be "default.mm.svg" and "default.pt.svg". Is it correct ? Binnette 09:59, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
- "mm" and "pt" are not languages but default units used in the template (Millimeters, Points). "default_mm.svg" and "default_pt.svg" seem correct to me, similar to how document (paper) sizes are added to the file name of a template ("icon_48x48.svg", "icon_64x64.svg"). ~suv 12:21, 29 May 2010 (UTC)
- Ok, I understand. Perhaps we can remove them, if we put a unit combobox in the template dialog. --Binnette 13:27, 30 May 2010 (UTC)