Please add topics you would like to discuss or work you would like to see done at the hackfest.
SVG 2 strategy (Tav)
- How do we handle fallbacks?
- When do we add things to the GUI? (When three browsers offers support?)
Program flow (Tav)
- Diagram how Inkscape behaves/should behave on:
- Opening a file.
- Changing a style item (e.g. 'fill').
- Moving a node.
- Deleting an item.
- Comment: Deleting an item causes Inkscape to create a new SVG document with containing the deleted item to allow pasting.
Add a few random print statements in Inkscape and you'll see that Inkscape visits certain functions more often than one would think it should. Having well defined diagrams will allow developers to clean up existing code and to better understand what needs to be done to add new features. I've noticed that we suffer from "cargo cult programming" where people add functions without fully understanding if they are truly needed.
Invert coordinate system (Tav)
If there was ever a good moment to do the coordinate system flip, this is it.