Difference between revisions of "Board Meetings"

From Inkscape Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 12: Line 12:
  
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==
 +
 +
* Welcome new Board Members
 +
** Add new GPG keys for credentials repository [Mc], [Cr]
  
 
* Board election debrief
 
* Board election debrief
 +
** Updating nomination/election rules as needed
 +
 +
* Infrastructure backup/alternate hosting
 +
** Send out sponsorship solicitation [bryce]
 +
 +
* Preliminary preparations for 0.93
 +
** Fix GPLv3 licensing (gimp widgets)
 +
** Gtk3 migration status / todo's?
 +
** Release management advice/review [josh]
  
 
* 2017 Budget
 
* 2017 Budget
  
* Merchandise sales [bryce, Mc]
+
* Merchandise sales
** Spreadshirt account now ready to go
+
** Spreadshirt account ready to go, but we're not using it
** Self-serve merchandise sales - spreadshirt, cafepress, Golden Ribbon, Think Penguin or similar [Mc-]
+
** Evaluate self-serve merchandise sales - spreadshirt, cafepress, Golden Ribbon, Think Penguin or similar [Mc]
  
 
* Funded development [bryce]
 
* Funded development [bryce]
 
** Identify Manager/Reviewer/Second for each of the jobs
 
** Identify Manager/Reviewer/Second for each of the jobs
 
** How should we advertise the jobs?
 
** How should we advertise the jobs?
 
* Infrastructure backup/alternate hosting
 
  
 
* Other Business
 
* Other Business
Line 42: Line 52:
 
*** Boots on the ground at a location can be a huge help if plans go awry
 
*** Boots on the ground at a location can be a huge help if plans go awry
 
*** Prefer locations with local inkscape community on the ground
 
*** Prefer locations with local inkscape community on the ground
 
* Fundraising
 
** Need to engage a few more fund raising efforts
 
 
* Credentials management for board members and administrators [bryce]
 
** GPG keys
 
** Policy on website credential access
 
** List of administrators needing credential access
 
** Setting up a shared project administrative account for various services
 
** Check that our credentials escrow includes √<s>twitter</s>, facebook, Inkscape forum admin, and IRC moderation keys [bryce]
 
  
 
* Finalization of Budget 2016 [bryce]
 
* Finalization of Budget 2016 [bryce]

Revision as of 21:12, 5 October 2017

Place and Time

We meet in #inkscape-devel on freenode.

Board meetings are typically the first Friday of each month.

Everybody in the Inkscape community is invited to participate.

Next meeting: 10:00 PDT/13:00 DMT (DoctorMonTime)/19:00 CEST, (click for world clock), Fri, October 6th, 2017.

Meetings should be announced in advance on inkscape-devel and inkscape-board mailing lists.

Agenda

  • Welcome new Board Members
    • Add new GPG keys for credentials repository [Mc], [Cr]
  • Board election debrief
    • Updating nomination/election rules as needed
  • Infrastructure backup/alternate hosting
    • Send out sponsorship solicitation [bryce]
  • Preliminary preparations for 0.93
    • Fix GPLv3 licensing (gimp widgets)
    • Gtk3 migration status / todo's?
    • Release management advice/review [josh]
  • 2017 Budget
  • Merchandise sales
    • Spreadshirt account ready to go, but we're not using it
    • Evaluate self-serve merchandise sales - spreadshirt, cafepress, Golden Ribbon, Think Penguin or similar [Mc]
  • Funded development [bryce]
    • Identify Manager/Reviewer/Second for each of the jobs
    • How should we advertise the jobs?
  • Other Business


Action Items

  • Merchandise Sales
    • Get doctormo and prkos added as shopkeepers
  • Future hackfests
    • Hackfest organizational tips (Need to document this someplace)
      • Process: Have folks propose options, and then trade off cost projections and benefits
      • Try to organize group lodging (same hotel, rented/air-bnb house, http://www.linuxhotel.de/community.en.html, etc.)
      • Send a scout ahead of time to help avoid slummy accommodations
      • Catered lunches help keep everyone focused (we're already reimbursing on lunches, so cost differential isn't huge, and it saves hassle all around)
      • Boots on the ground at a location can be a huge help if plans go awry
      • Prefer locations with local inkscape community on the ground
  • Finalization of Budget 2016 [bryce]
    • Update the budget, see what $$ remains in the hackfest fund [bryce]
  • Funded development [bryce]
  • Add a C++-11 conversion project with tasks detailed to the Roadmap for 0.93 or later. [valavanisalex]
  • Regularly check sponsor ads / sponsor mentions on the website:
    • Advance Systems: added Dec 9th, 2016
    • Deals Land UK: added June, 21st, 2017

Blocked Action Items

  • Privacy Policy [drmo] ~ Blocked waiting on time availability by SFC
  • Amend CoC reporting section ~ Waiting until we have a dedicated email, e.g. abuse@inkscape.org


Transcripts