Difference between revisions of "Board Meetings"

From Inkscape Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 12: Line 12:
  
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==
 
* [[Hackfest2017|Hackfest Paris, June 27th-July 1st]] [tav]
 
  
 
* 2017 Budget
 
* 2017 Budget
Line 29: Line 27:
 
*** SVG 2 Text
 
*** SVG 2 Text
 
*** Better CSS Support
 
*** Better CSS Support
 
* git migration debrief
 
  
 
* Infrastructure backup/alternate hosting
 
* Infrastructure backup/alternate hosting
Line 101: Line 97:
 
* Meeting 2017-04-07: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/10844/
 
* Meeting 2017-04-07: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/10844/
 
* Meeting 2017-06-02: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/11064/
 
* Meeting 2017-06-02: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/11064/
 +
* Meeting 2017-07-07: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/11176/
  
 
* Archive of all transcripts:  https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/=pastebin/?q=meeting&order=-edited
 
* Archive of all transcripts:  https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/=pastebin/?q=meeting&order=-edited

Revision as of 18:20, 9 July 2017

Place and Time

We meet in #inkscape-devel on freenode.

Board meetings are typically the first Friday of each month.

Everybody in the Inkscape community is invited to participate.

Next meeting: Noon PDT/15:00 DMT (DoctorMonTime)/21:00 CEST, (click for world clock), Fri, July 7th, 2017.

Meetings should be announced in advance on inkscape-devel and inkscape-board mailing lists.

Agenda

  • 2017 Budget
  • Merchandise sales [bryce, Mc]
    • Spreadshirt account now ready to go
    • Self-serve merchandise sales - spreadshirt, cafepress, Golden Ribbon, Think Penguin or similar [Mc-]
  • Funded development [bryce]
    • Identify Manager/Reviewer/Second for each of the jobs
    • How should we advertise the jobs?
  • GSoC 2017 [tav]
    • Projects accepted:
      • SVG 2 Text
      • Better CSS Support
  • Infrastructure backup/alternate hosting
  • Other Business


Action Items

  • Merchandise Sales
    • Get doctormo and prkos added as shopkeepers
  • Future hackfests
    • Hackfest organizational tips (Need to document this someplace)
      • Process: Have folks propose options, and then trade off cost projections and benefits
      • Try to organize group lodging (same hotel, rented/air-bnb house, http://www.linuxhotel.de/community.en.html, etc.)
      • Send a scout ahead of time to help avoid slummy accommodations
      • Catered lunches help keep everyone focused (we're already reimbursing on lunches, so cost differential isn't huge, and it saves hassle all around)
      • Boots on the ground at a location can be a huge help if plans go awry
      • Prefer locations with local inkscape community on the ground
  • Fundraising
    • Need to engage a few more fund raising efforts
  • Credentials management for board members and administrators [bryce]
    • GPG keys
    • Policy on website credential access
    • List of administrators needing credential access
    • Setting up a shared project administrative account for various services
    • Check that our credentials escrow includes √twitter, facebook, Inkscape forum admin, and IRC moderation keys [bryce]
  • Finalization of Budget 2016 [bryce]
    • Update the budget, see what $$ remains in the hackfest fund [bryce]
  • Funded development [bryce]
  • Add a C++-11 conversion project with tasks detailed to the Roadmap for 0.93 or later. [valavanisalex]
  • Regularly check sponsor ads / sponsor mentions on the website:
    • Advance Systems: added Dec 9th, 2016
    • Deals Land UK: added June, 21st, 2017

Blocked Action Items

  • Privacy Policy [drmo] ~ Blocked waiting on time availability by SFC
  • Amend CoC reporting section ~ Waiting until we have a dedicated email, e.g. abuse@inkscape.org


Transcripts