I didn't mean to mark anything inappropriate, it just seemed like a stub. Now that I know it's common in discussions, and that may be a problem in the future, I will try to remember to take a look at discussions before continuing to mark things as spam. What about the Abiword article? Was that okay to mark? —User:Airhogs777 (talk • contribs) 00:24, 17 March 2011 (UTC)
- Seems that I was wrong: my initial reaction to marking the page as spam was triggered by the sentence "The reason given was: irrelevant to the wiki." - I didn't actually investigate the history of the page. After looking at the older versions and the contributions of its original author, it seems that your assessment was correct: the page was initially created for marketing a custom CAD solution, and only later turned into a stub for AutoCAD.
- I'm not sure where to go from here: on the one hand, AutoCAD does have some relevancy to Inkscape users (mainly those who use Inkscape for technical drawing, and is often cited when asking for new features (internal command line input) or technical drawing aids (crop/extend, fillet/chamfer, drawing on scale, libraries for parts, etc.). On the other hand, since the page doesn't provide more information, I'm not sure it's needed in the wiki (unless content or links get added).
- About Abiword: maybe talk to User:Legio_noctis - afaik there have been a number of stubs/keyword pages added lately. I don't know the plans / motivations for it.
- Also - are you aware that currently a rewrite of Inkscape's main site is in progress? The future of the wiki is still unclear to me (I'm not part of the team developing the new django-based site) - but any help to migrate content from the wiki to the main site, as well as cleaning up the current wiki content are highly appreciated. Some of the discussions about the new website can be followed in the archives of the inkscape-devel mailing list (I can dig for the most relevant topics if helpful). --~suv 08:20, 17 March 2011 (UTC)
I see that a new site is on the cards, but in the meantime is there any chance of implementing any of these on the wiki? http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:AkismetKlik
- I'm not familiar with administrating the wiki - I mailed to the inkscape-devel list yesterday (Subject: Recent surge of spam in the wiki - no response so far), maybe you could reply on the mailing list with your your proposal? You seem to be familiar with techniques to prevent spam in Wikis … --~suv 18:20, 5 May 2011 (UTC)