User manual information
Jump to navigation Jump to search
We need to work now on an update of this Manual and have a specific version for Inkscape.
- Queries about Manual can be added here or sent to <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Work in progress
User Manual Work in Progress reflects current work on the guide.
Translations of the manual
Getting the latest version
- If you want to contribute, download the USER_MANUAL part of SVN (http://inkscape.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/inkscape/user_manual/trunk/)
svn co https://inkscape.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/inkscape/user_manual/trunk user_manual
- If you just want to browse to find a subject, go to http://www.le-radar.com/?mm/inkscape_inkscape.rss and choose your language. It is the most up-to-date version
- Also, see inkscapeUTFen.pdf and inkscapeUTFfr.pdf for the manual processed with dblatex
- An alternative, in-progress, unofficial version can be found at http://www.usinginkscape.com/usermanual
How to Help
- Adding new information to the manual: write your files in docbook or in plain text that we'll convert (please follow the User Manual Guidelines)
- translating pages
- contact a contributor or add your name in the list below and have a look at the User Manual Work in Progress
- To view the current state in HTML, type "make fr" or "make en" (xsltproc is needed). See the Makefile for other targets.
- For pictures, you may use the "images/sshot_yourlanguage" directory or create it if necessary".
- Don't translate anything yet, we are working on the French Version, which will then be translated into English, and that will become the basis for translation work. You will get a PO file for translating later.
- Cedric Gemy - main contributor - cedric at le-radar.com
- Elisa - contributor in French - elisa at ec.yemanja.net
- John - Author and French/British translation
- Ernesto - Spanish translation - celise at prodigy.net.mx
- Antonio - Italian translation - antonio.angelo at poste.it
- Bryce - English translation/editing - bryce at bryceharrington.com
- Kevin - English translation/editing - inkscape.docs at wixsonit.com
- Colin Marquardt - volunteer for a German translation from English, help with xml2po if needed. Especially interested in Embedded_Help.
- vonHalenbach-de - volunteer for a translation of pygmees manual from English to German
- rename the files to e.g. user_manual.fr.xml
- add Makefile target that uploads a manual snapshot to the Inkscape website