Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I'm a French guy living in Paris (France), but wanting to move (anywhere, as long as it is in a mountain area).
- My main tasks on Inkscape consist in the translation of interface and documents to French.
- My motivation for contributing to the development of Inkscape is that I want to be able to draw some small maps/topos for my favourite hobbies (caving, climbing, mountaineering, biking).
- polish French translations (typography, style...) before 0.45
- take a look at disambiguification of strings in interface, plus translatability of some new strings (palette names/colors...)
- test xml2po for French tutorials
- (German guys are quite strong with it)
- test xml2po on tutorials illustrations : Colin reported it works ! (must say that Colin is a tough guy !)
- check again xslt for generating tutorials (saxon is a nightmare on my machine)
- install Dapper Ubuntu instead of Breezy
- verify Java is much more usable (gcj or sun?)
- test again Saxon
- test OmegaT for translations
- same, java is needed for this
- must not forget that OmegaT team has been very nice, helping us finding some new translator contacts, and is also able to provide fast and efficient support when i will test the application
- Update Inkscape Terminology wiki page (on going)
- Update Translation Information wiki page
- (on going), almost done. A few updates needed.
- Have been helped a lot by Xavier, Colin and vonHalenBach
- Translate release notes to French
- 0.45 on going
- 0.44 done, needs a review
- 0.43 done (not by me), review on going
- others : starting now
- Try to recruit some new translators (on going):
- Debian-l18n, www.indlinux.org, www.panl10n.net, www.arabeyes.org
- Main focus is on Asian and African languages.
- Play a little bit with sdpd po files
- Done : the result is that those files would not bring some new significant translations
- But will integrate them, as it is maybe an oppotunity to bring some new files
- Update FAQ :
- not started yet. Must set this up for 0.45
- take lead on update of FAQ page + incorporation in package
- Work on some embedded help content : see http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Embedded_help
- Translate to French "a guide to Inkscape" (on going)
- Involve Lubomira on translation some content to Slovak
- Join some other translation teams (Gnome/KDE)
- Bubulle (Christian Perrier), Debian-fr translation leader, has been very nice too when looking for some other translators
- Already joined Rosetta (Ubuntu), but did not find much time to really involve
- Interviews and articles
- interview questions reviewed by Bryce and Pygmee (thanks). Now trying to find potential victims!
- try to code a small extension, and write an article about this (English and French).
- start a small article on basic utilisation of Inkscape
Hi Matiphas, Thanks for all your work on the wiki! I have activated your sysop permissions, so you have some extra tools for managing the translated wiki pages and controlling spam. BryceHarrington 10:26, 13 June 2006 (PDT)
Thanks a lot Bryce.