Jump to navigation Jump to search
Go to the main Translation information page.
- I'm a French guy living in
FranceEngland (London), but wanting to move (anywhere, as long as it is in a mountain area) (moutains are quite small near London).
- My main tasks on Inkscape consist in the translation of interface and documents to French.
- My motivation for contributing to the development of Inkscape is that I want to be able to draw some small maps/topos for my favourite hobbies (caving, climbing, mountaineering, biking).
- I can be contacted via email (matiphas at free dot fr) or be found on irc freenode/#inkscape (nickname matiphas[fr] or gero).
- polish French translations (typography, style...) before
- must polish translations of interface, tutorial and release notes
- replace the following by appropriate char : accentuated upcase chars, ..., non-breakable spaces, half spaces, ", oe, x, - (etc.)
- take a look at disambiguification of strings in interface, plus translatability of some new strings (palette names/colors...)
- Translate release notes to French
- 0.46 not started yet
- 0.45 on going
- 0.44 done, needs a review
- 0.43 done (not by me), review on going
- others : starting now
- Translate to French "a guide to Inkscape" (on going)
- Involve Lubomira on translation some content to Slovak
- Update Inkscape Terminology wiki page (on going) : see http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/InkscapeTerminology
- Join some other translation teams (Gnome/KDE)
- Already joined Rosetta (Ubuntu), but did not find much time to really involve
- Update FAQ :
- not started yet. Must set this up for 0.45
- take lead on update of FAQ page incorporation in package
- Work on some embedded help content : see http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Embedded_help
- Interviews and articles
- interview questions reviewed by Bryce and Pygmee (thanks). Now trying to find potential victims!
- try to code a small extension, and write an article about this (English and French).
- start a small article on basic utilisation of Inkscape
- Take a look again to Tutorials brought by http://www.linuxgraphic.org, and see if they can be adapted to Inkscape
- test xml2po for French tutorials and keys.xml
- (German guys are quite strong with it)
- test xml2po on tutorials illustrations : Colin reported it works ! (must say that Colin is a tough guy !)
- check again xslt for generating tutorials (saxon is a nightmare on my machine)
- install Dapper Ubuntu instead of Breezy
- verify Java is much more usable (gcj or sun?)
- test again Saxon
- test OmegaT for translations
- same, java is needed for this
- must not forget that OmegaT team has been very nice, helping us finding some new translator contacts, and is also able to provide fast and efficient support when i will test the application
- Interface translation to French: 0.40, 0.41, 0.42, 0.43, 0.44, 0.45.
- Supported by Romain Thouvenain, Frédéric Rodrigo, Jonathan Ernst