Difference between revisions of "User:Matiphas"
|(One intermediate revision by one other user not shown)|
Latest revision as of 15:39, 20 April 2007
Go to the main Translation information page.
- I'm a French guy living in
FranceEngland (London), but wanting to move (anywhere, as long as it is in a mountain area) (moutains are quite small near London).
- My main tasks on Inkscape consist in the translation of interface and documents to French.
- My motivation for contributing to the development of Inkscape is that I want to be able to draw some small maps/topos for my favourite hobbies (caving, climbing, mountaineering, biking).
- I can be contacted via email (matiphas at free dot fr) or be found on irc freenode/#inkscape (nickname matiphas[fr] or gero).
- polish French translations (typography, style...) before
- must polish translations of interface, tutorial and release notes
- replace the following by appropriate char : accentuated upcase chars, ..., non-breakable spaces, half spaces, ", oe, x, - (etc.)
- take a look at disambiguification of strings in interface, plus translatability of some new strings (palette names/colors...)
- Translate release notes to French
- 0.46 not started yet
- 0.45 on going
- 0.44 done, needs a review
- 0.43 done (not by me), review on going
- others : starting now
- Translate to French "a guide to Inkscape" (on going)
- Involve Lubomira on translation some content to Slovak
- Update Inkscape Terminology wiki page (on going) : see http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/InkscapeTerminology
- Join some other translation teams (Gnome/KDE)
- Already joined Rosetta (Ubuntu), but did not find much time to really involve
- Update FAQ :
- not started yet. Must set this up for 0.45
- take lead on update of FAQ page + incorporation in package
- Work on some embedded help content : see http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Embedded_help
- Interviews and articles
- interview questions reviewed by Bryce and Pygmee (thanks). Now trying to find potential victims!
- try to code a small extension, and write an article about this (English and French).
- start a small article on basic utilisation of Inkscape
- Take a look again to Tutorials brought by http://www.linuxgraphic.org, and see if they can be adapted to Inkscape
- test xml2po for French tutorials and keys.xml
- (German guys are quite strong with it)
- test xml2po on tutorials illustrations : Colin reported it works ! (must say that Colin is a tough guy !)
- check again xslt for generating tutorials (saxon is a nightmare on my machine)
- install Dapper Ubuntu instead of Breezy
- verify Java is much more usable (gcj or sun?)
- test again Saxon
- test OmegaT for translations
- same, java is needed for this
- must not forget that OmegaT team has been very nice, helping us finding some new translator contacts, and is also able to provide fast and efficient support when i will test the application
- Interface translation to French: 0.40, 0.41, 0.42, 0.43, 0.44, 0.45.
- Supported by Romain Thouvenain, Frédéric Rodrigo, Jonathan Ernst & Cédric Gemy
- Tutorial translations to French (Basic, Shapes, Advanced, Calligraphy, Tracing, Tips&tricks, Elements of design)
- Translation of Release notes to French: 0.35, 0.44
- Translation of Release announce to French: 0.44
- Play a little bit with sdpd po files
- Done : the result is that those files do not bring some new significant translation, but at least can maybe motivate some new volunteers. Better having them than not.
- Update Translation Information wiki page
- Almost done. A few updates needed.
- Have been helped a lot by Xavier, Colin and vonHalenBach
- Try to recruit some new translators:
- Debian-l18n: done.
- www.indlinux.org, www.panl10n.net, www.arabeyes.org have been contacted, but no real answer yet.
- Main focus is on Asian and African languages.
- Bubulle (Christian Perrier), Debian-fr translation leader, has been very nice too when looking for some other translators
- l10_status_news: derivated from original l10_status_script, generates a simple interface translation status, ready to be copied/pasted in website news. Worked with Bryce and Cornelius
- Worked on ambiguous interface strings: very short strings in a few dialogs are now marked with Q_(context|string to translate).
Hi Matiphas, Thanks for all your work on the wiki! I have activated your sysop permissions, so you have some extra tools for managing the translated wiki pages and controlling spam. BryceHarrington 10:26, 13 June 2006 (PDT)
Thanks a lot Bryce.
Go to the main Translation information page.