Proposals relating to Blueprints
Palette Manager Requirement
See existing Blueprint https://blueprints.launchpad.net/inkscape/+spec/color-palette-management
A Palette Editor to enable easy creation and editing of a palette of colours is required. Today there are tricks and workarounds, but no single, simple interface. This could be done with a minimal amount of development, as the background functionality exists.
Palette Use Cases: Print projects with a limited number of spot colours. Or keep Corporate Identity colours together. Share the same colour set.
Palette Editor Operations:
- Create a new "named" Palette of Colours
- Add new colour to the palette
- Display the colours visually in an interactive list
- Pick colours from the list to apply to objects
- Delete colours from the list. Does not affect objects using it (option)
- Edit colours in the list as I go. To affect all objects using it
- Switch to other Palette in the document.
- Save/export the Palette as a file in a folder.
- Load a Palette file from a folder.
Suggested Mock-up Image
Add Colour - Remove - Edit Colour - Save Palette - Open Palette