This page is for users and developers to discuss Tutorial changes. These changes include existing tutorials that need to be updated and also tutorials that need to be created to document new features.
Translator help needed
The conversion to PO format via xml2po is well underway. Translators, please see DocumentationTranslation#Tutorial_Translation.
- Update "Multiple Selections" to add new select type (w/ Alt)
- Update "Fill and Stroke" reference to swatches to reflect bar at bottom
- Update "Fill and Stroke" reference to editing gradients to reflect all-oncanvas (perhaps even break out into new tutorial)
- We should probably also address the fill/stroke widget in the status bar.
- In "Node Editing" address mouseover and mousewheel selection
- update the screenshot to the current tracing dialog box
- add content about multiple scans
- cover colour, grey and brightness steps multiple scans
- cover the options for multiple scans - smooth, stack and remove background
- add content about the options tab
- supress speckles
- smooth corners
- optimise paths
- add content about foreground selection with SIOX
- Rename all "drag" references to "wiggle"
- Add information about etching, growing, and thinning
Tips & Tricks
- Clones & Clone tiler (tutorial draft)
- Clipping, Masks, & Patterns (tutorial draft)
- Paint Bucket Tool (tutorial draft)
- colours (tutorial draft)
- cover the basic concept
- perhaps svgs of a colourwheel that have been altered by each effect
- introduction into the custom... option and how to use
- interpolation (now in the SVN)
- pattern on path + extrude + inset outset halo
- modify path menu effects
- Gaussian Blur
- Blend Modes