This page is for users and developers to discuss Tutorial changes. These changes include existing tutorials that need to be updated and also tutorials that need to be created to document new features.
Translator help needed
This section will need to be fleshed out by translators.
We have a goal of unifying the process for translation between the main project and the tutorials, which the main project uses .po files. There was mention to me of an xml2po project that could be used to make things more uniform. Any assistance that could be offered will benefit all non-english speakers (eventually). -ScislaC
We need the following:
- Someone to investigate and identify the benefits and repercussions of using xml2po.
- If it is decided that we will be better off with xml2po overall (rather than individual full conversions as we currently have) of each tutorial, we will need people to translate existing and future tutorials.
- This is from me personally (ScislaC), I know nothing about the translation process, but from previous discussions it sounded like the xml2po route was favored.
- Update "Multiple Selections" to add new select type (w/ Alt)
- Update "Fill and Stroke" reference to swatches to reflect bar at bottom
- Update "Fill and Stroke" reference to editing gradients to reflect all-oncanvas (perhaps even break out into new tutorial)
- We should probably also address the fill/stroke widget in the status bar.
- In "Node Editing" address mouseover and mousewheel selection
- update the screenshot to the current tracing dialog box
- add content about multiple scans
- cover colour, grey and brightness steps multiple scans
- cover the options for multiple scans - smooth, stack and remove background
- add content about the options tab
- supress speckles
- smooth corners
- optimise paths
- Rename all "drag" references to "wiggle"
- Add information about etching, growing, and thinning
Tips & Tricks
- cover the basic concept
- perhaps svgs of a colourwheel that have been altered by each effect
- introduction into the custom... option and how to use
- interpolation (started)
- pattern on path + extrude + inset outset halo
- modify path menu effects
- Gaussian Blur
- Blend Modes