The Gimp Gfig
The GNU Image Manipulation Program (-2.2pre) includes gfig, which is an integrated plugin that allow vector manipulation and drawings. Gfig uses a custom text based file format, which is not XML and not SVG. However, the GIMP does include Path tools which can export to SVG, as well as a librsvg based plugin for importing SVG.
Launched by the menu: Filter->Render->Gfig
- Support shapes: line, circle, ellipse, arc, reg polygon, bezier curve.
- Object orientation
- Object priority management.
- Stroking shape using color/brushes
- Filling with color, pattern, gradient
- Grid, Snap to Grid
- Grid types: Rectangle, Polar, and Isometric.
- Show background picture (picture on which work is done).
- stepping through each object, showing only one at a time and hiding all others