Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a page to discuss Synfig as it relates to Inkscape. General non-Inkscape discussion of Synfig should take place on Synfig's wiki.
(I'll import something off of Synfig's website later. Or someone else can. SnapSilverlight)
- File format is based upon XML.
- Vector-based graphics software intended for artist use
- Open Source / GPL
- Synfig: 2D animation suitable for broadcast/film
- Inkscape: SVG specification
- Synfig: Focus is animation
- Inkscape: Focus is illustration
- Synfig: In alpha demo - much is slated for change, and bugs are usually fatal.
- Inkscape: A very stable, featureful beta. If it wasn't changing so rapidly, we'd call it "mature".