SOC Application Template
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Google Summer of Code - Student Application Template for Inkscape
Thanks for considering joining Inkscape for your summer of code project! To help us in identifying you as a good candidate, we ask that you do a few things.
- When did you first hear about Inkscape?
- What kind of drawings do you create with Inkscape?
- What other open-source tools do you use?
- If you have participated in the Inkscape community (e.g. uploaded drawings, created tutorials, submitted bug reports, asked or answered questions on mailing lists or IRC), describe what you have done.
- If you have contributed to Inkscape development (e.g. bug fixes, translations, packaging, testing), describe what you have done.
- What is your name, email address, and irc nickname?
- Describe any plans you have over the summer in addition to GSoC, such as classes, a summer job, vacation plans, master's thesis, etc.
- What programming projects have you done so far?
- Have you worked on other open source projects before? If so, please list and describe what you did.
- Please list other projects you are applying to for GSoC.
- Checkout the Inkscape sourcecode through Bazaar and review it. Make sure you can compile and build Inkscape on your own PC!
- Introduce yourself on the Inkscape developers mailing list, and post your project ideas for feedback, before submitting your application
- Find and fix one or two bugs in the Inkscape bug tracker (now at Launchpad). Create and upload patches for the bugs, and make sure we know to connect those bug fixes and your GSoC application. You can also submit a patch that improves code unrelated to a bug.
- Submit a drawing you have made with Inkscape. It doesn't have to be professional quality but it should show us that you know how to use Inkscape.