See OldRoadmap for milestones that have already been achieved.
0.91 will be a longer cycle focused on refactoring and new features.
Merge GSoC 2010 work
Port renderer to Cairo (Krzysztof - GSoC 2010)
Completely remove libnr
Random Ideas / Requests / Needs
- Replace VCS.
- Replace Automake Build System.
- Greatly expand Unit test framework.
- Better modularization
- Switch to using libcroco as a regular dependency, not embedded in our codebase
- Break libavoid out to its own library
- Break libcola out to its own library
- Break libdepixelize out to its own library
- Break libgdl out to its own library
- Break libnrtype out to its own library
- Break libuemf out to its own library
- Break libvpsc out to its own library
- SVG2 support (with proper SVG 1.1 fallbacks)
- Improve support for SVG switches: the first recognized element in a switch should appear directly in the SP tree, not as a child of the switch element.
- Using the above mechanism, make flowed text SVG-compliant.
- Improve support for changing the name of the XML element node in response to SP tree changes.
- Make the Windows uninstaller work
- Hardware acceleration: make use of modern GPUs to speed up rendering.
- CSS support?
- Animation support.
- D-Bus scripting API. (Merge GSoC work from 0.48 timeframe?)