|These Release Notes are in Draft Status.
Definitely not released yet.
Inkscape 1.2.1 is a maintenance and bugfix release, which brings you an important fix for a bug where a loss of data occurred, that could only be discovered when the file was saved and opened again. In addition to this critical bug fix, more than xx bug fixes, xx crash fixes, xx fixes for extension failures, xx improved user interface translations and improved documentation.
- Fixed accented characters in context menus for input fields in non-English languages on Windows (Bug #3152, MR #4535)
- Added back the ability to set a keyboard shortcut for swapping fill and stroke paint of an object (Bug #3502, MR #4535)
- When there are no recently used files to show, a text tells you about it now instead of the submenu just remaining empty (Bug #2962, MR #4535)
- Fixed im- and exporting images failing when using the snap packaging format on Linux (Bug #3624, Bug #3639 MR #4510)
- Fixed Inkscape freezing when starting with many fonts installed and the Text and Font dialog open (MR #4491)
- The Export button is no longer greyed out for the next export, when an export options dialog was canceled while batch exporting (Bug #3605, MR #4535)
- Text that was dark blue on dark background with a dark theme in the Keyboard shortcuts preferences and the Text and Font dialog is now readable (bold instead of different color) (Bug #910, MR #4535
- Fixed the size of the text background for the measurements created by the Measurement tool when converting a measurement to objects (Bug #3412, MR #4535)
- The Circle and 3D Box tools work again when using Inkscape in Czech language on Linux (Bug #3571, MR #4535)
Fixed a crash when …
- … double-clicking on a 3D box and one when panning, then switching to 3D box tool (Bug #3538, MR #4535)
- … the option 'Check attributes and style properties on Editing' was enabled and the document was edited while there was additional whitespace inside group items in the SVG code (Bug #2799, Bug inbox#4580, Bug #7148, MR #4535)
- … converting an LPE path (e.g. when exporting to PDF) to a normal object when the original path was corrupted (Bug #3599, MR #4535)
Extension bug fixes
Complete as of 2022/05/24, see https://gitlab.com/inkscape/extensions/-/network/master for details
Bugfixes in particular extensions
- A few typos in the pdflatex extension (MR extensions#475) have been fixed.
- The help messages and tooltips of the Interpolate, Restack and Extrude extensions have been improved (MR extensions#471)
Improvements that apply to all extensions
- Unnecessary deprecation warnings have been addressed (MR extensions#476).
Improvements for development / deployment
- Translation files are now always generated automatically and available for download
The following UI translations received updates:
- Simplified Chinese
The following documentation translations received updates:
Contributing to interface translations
Want to help with translations? Learn how to help!
Contributing to documentation and documentation translation
Contributions to the documentation translations, as well as improvements to its contents, are welcome at the inkscape-docs repository.
These issues could not be fixed in time for the 1.2.1 release.
- Inkscape 1.3 — development branch
- Inkscape 1.2 (1.2.1) — current stable release branch
- Inkscape 1.1 (1.1.1, 1.1.2)
- Inkscape 1.0 (1.0.1, 1.0.2)
- Inkscape 0.92 (0.92.1, 0.92.2, 0.92.3, 0.92.4, 0.92.5)
- Inkscape 0.91
- Inkscape 0.48 (0.48.1, 0.48.2, 0.48.3, 0.48.4, 0.48.5)
- Inkscape 0.47
- Inkscape 0.46
- Inkscape 0.45
- Inkscape 0.44
- Inkscape 0.43
- Inkscape 0.42
- Inkscape 0.41
- Inkscape 0.40
- Inkscape 0.39
- Inkscape 0.38
- Inkscape 0.37
- Inkscape 0.36
- Inkscape 0.35