- 1 Release highlights
- 2 Important changes
- 3 Improvements
- 4 Notable bugfixes
- 5 Crash fixes
- 6 More bug fixes
- 7 Translations
- 8 Documentation
- 9 Known issues
- 10 Previous releases
Definitely not released yet.
Inkscape 1.1 is a stability and bugfix release.
[For changes made even before the 1.0 release that aren't in 1.0, try to find out if the checked and not stroked ones here: https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape/-/issues/1030 have really not been cherrypicked]
The most notable improvements are:
- Fill in
- For packagers: we do not depend on GtkSpell and ASpell but on GSpell for spelling checks.
- In Edit > Preferences > Imported images : Import, there is a new option that allows you to disable relative paths to linked files ("Store absolute file path for linked images", active by default).
- XInclude support
- Hidden dialogs stop receiving signals and release resources
- Shell mode: a history of commands is now remembered and can be accessed with the up and down arrow keys. [Tab ... autocompletion?]
A new menu item has been added to allow the user to prevent the rotation of the canvas with key bindings commonly associated with zooming in other applications. This setting can be toggled on a per-window basis. In addition, a new preference option has been added to allow users to set the mode to be on when a new window is opened.
Taper stroke improvements
The Taper stroke LPE has been updated to include taper direction options (allowing the taper to run to one side of the path, instead of to the middle) and smoothing options for both ends of the path, allowing more interesting paths to be made in the effect. In addition, using the keybind Shift+click on the on-canvas knots allows quickly alternating between the different possible taper shapes.
Automatic fill preservation for LPEs
LPEs which render strokes as fills (Join type, Power stroke, and Taper stroke) have been modified to automatically preserve the previous fill by creating a linked path when applied to an object.
New shortcut for Fill between many LPE
A new shortcut has been added under the Path menu to automatically create a linked fill path using the Fill between many path effect. The effect is created beneath the selected paths and automatically selected to faciliate moving the path into the correct z-order and styling it as intended. For greater efficiency, the shortcut can also be bound to a hotkey using the Preferences dialog.
- Fill in
Fix a crash …
- … when ... (#number)
More bug fixes
There were even more issues fixed than those listed above, but these probably only affect a small portion of users, or are relevant for development and packaging only.
The following UI translations received updates:
The following documentation translations received updates:
Contributing to interface translations
Want to help with translations? Learn how to help!
- Some missing options were added to the man page (command line help)
- Some missing keyboard shortcuts were added to the keyboard shortcut reference
Contributing to documentation and documentation translation
Contributions to the documentation translations, as well as improvements to its contents, are welcome at the inkscape-docs repository.
- Fill in
- Many of Inkscape's old bug reports still need to be tested and migrated to the new bug and feature request reporting page. While some progress has already been made, we still need your help with that task.
- All (migrated and new) open issues for the project are listed on GitLab. If you have some time on your hands and can help fixing them, join us in the development chat and let us tackle them together.