Not yet released
Inkscape 0.92.5 is a stability and bugfix release.
The most notable improvements are:
- Python extensions will now run with Python 3
- Fonts on Windows 10 that are not installed globally are now available to be used in Inkscape
The Inkscape project has opened a new, bug and feature request reporting page for users on GitLab at https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inbox/issues/. Please use this new page to report bugs and issues that occur with Inkscape 0.92.5 and with development builds
- Extensions are now compatible with Python 3 as well as Python 2
- The option to export to 'Save as...' > 'Cairo PNG' has been removed, as it was frequently confused with the 'Export PNG image' option
- The snap package (for Linux) now supports GTK2 themes from common distros, via the gtk2-common-themes content interface
- As of Windows 10 (version 1809), fonts are installed into a new user-specific folder by default. Inkscape can now find and display those fonts, in your fonts drop down list. (Bug #50)
- The default Perl interpreter executable on Windows was changed from "perl.exe" to "wperl.exe" which should usually avoid flashing a console window. (Bug #66)
- Inset / Outset and calligraphy tool dots now honor document units (Commits #8b15224a and #53183233
- Fix stroke to path for dashed paths with round caps (Commit #cb555bdc)
- Limit size of font preview (Commit #06cb5e15)
- Files with spaces in names are now opened by the Inkscape snap [Linux] (Commit #1a1d78ad)
- Default preferences value for 'Rendering tile multiplier' set to a value that yields better performance on modern hardware (note: only applies if you reset your preferences file or install Inkscape for the first time) (Commit #f8dce91b)
- Remove GCodetools update check (Commit #45b59e76)
- Remove Trace Bitmap dialog if Inkscape is compiled without potrace (Commit #880a88d9)
- Remove spell checking dialog if the necessary spell checker library is not installed (Commit #287c3a7e)
- Fix failing import of certain types of jpg files (usually originating from mobile phones) (Bug #632)
Fix a crash …
- … when moving a group after deleting a connector from it (#205)
- … on PNG export (Commit #6cf2c8)
- … in Clone Original LPE (Commit #515569e7)
- … in SIOX foreground tracing (Commit #424477f6)
- … when importing / selecting a large PNG image (Commit #72836e91)
- … on undo when the text dialog is open (Commit #40c7e4f8)
- … after deleting a connector (Bug inkscape#205)
- … for connector tool avoidance functionality (flatpak) (Commit #c4d31185)
- … when selecting all with text on path (Commit #1a07842b)
- … when putting text on path with Objects dialog open (Commit #f5a38658)
- … of the paint bucket tool (flatpak) (Commit #cbeb0db7)
- … on Boolean division (flatpak) (Commit #094d2341)
- … when resizing objects (Commit #5095c1b4)
- … when pressing the menu button with Mate desktop (Bug inbox#400)
- … with empty text and arrow / Enter keys (Commit #f29ffcbb, Commit #decb8fcb, Commit #957032e1)
- … when clicking at the end of a text (Commit #8306201a)
- … when rotating an element with snapping enabled (Bug #1584)
- … on closing Inkscape (Commit #94d345e0)
More bug fixes
There were even more issues fixed than those listed above, but these probably only affect a small portion of users, or are relevant for development and packaging only.
The following UI translations received updates:
The following installer translations received updates:
The following documentation translations received updates:
- Brazilian Portuguese
Contributing to interface translations
Want to help with translations? Learn how to help!
- Some missing options were added to the man page (command line help)
- Some missing keyboard shortcuts were added to the keyboard shortcut reference
Contributing to documentation and documentation translation
Contributions to the documentation translations, as well as improvements to its contents, are welcome at the inkscape-docs repository.
- 0.92.5 is not as feature-packed as Inkscape 1.0 will be!
- 0.92.5 is not availabe for macOS. Please use the latest beta version of Inkscape 1.0, if you want a newer Inkscape that integrates better with macOS and works with high resolution screens. Catalina users must use the beta version, because Inkscape 0.92.2 will not run on macOS Catalina (Inkscape 0.92.2 is 32bit only).
- Many of Inkscape's old bug reports still need to be tested and migrated to the new bug and feature request reporting page. While some progress has already been made, we still need your help with that task!
- All (migrated and new) open issues for the project are listed on GitLab. If you have some time on your hands and can help fixing them, [ https://chat.inkscape.org/channel/team_devel join us in the development chat] and let us tackle them together!