Not yet released
Inkscape 0.92.5 is a stability and bugfix release.
The Inkscape project has opened a new, user-facing bug tracker on gitlab at https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inbox/issues/ . Please use this new tracker to report issues that occur with Inkscape 0.92.5 and with development builds.
- Extensions are now compatible with Python 3 as well as Python 2
- The option to export to 'Save as...' > 'Cairo PNG' has been removed, as it was frequently confused with the 'Export PNG image' option
- The snap package now supports GTK2 themes from common distros via the gtk2-common-themes content interface
Notable bugfixes and crash fixes
- As of Windows 10 (version 1809) fonts are installed into a new user-specific folder by default. Allow Inkscape to recognize those fonts. (#50)
- The default Perl interpreter executable on Windows was changed from "perl.exe" to "wperl.exe" which should usually avoid flashing a console window. (#66)
- Fix crash when moving group after deleting a connector from it. (#205)
- Fix crash on PNG export (Commit #6cf2c8)
- Fix stroke to path for dashed paths with round caps (Commit #cb555bdc)
- Limit size of font preview (Commit #06cb5e15)
- Files with spaces in names are now opened by the Inkscape snap (Commit #1a1d78ad)
- Default preferences value for 'Rendering tile multiplier' set to a value that yields better performance on modern hardware (note: only applies if you reset your preferences file or install Inkscape for the first time) (Commit #f8dce91b)
- Fix crash in Clone Original LPE (Commit #515569e7)
- Fix crash in SIOX foreground tracing (Commit #424477f6)
- Fix crash when importing / selecting a large PNG image (Commit #72836e91)
- Fix crash on undo when the text dialog is open (Commit #40c7e4f8)
- Fix a crash after deleting a connector (Bug inkscape#205)
- Fix a crash for connector tool avoidance functionality (flatpak) (https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape/commit/c4d311853e68039eb885fd95b25165c2256063fe Commit #c4d31185)
- Fix a crash when selecting all with text on path (https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape/commit/1a07842b3b8870ba06238a2a09ce97e0a07761e2 Commit #1a07842b)
- Fix a crash when putting text on path with Objects dialog open (Commit #f5a38658)
- Fix a crash of the paint bucket tool (flatpak) (Commit #cbeb0db7)
- Fix a crash on Boolean division (flatpak) (Commit #094d2341)
- Fix a crash when resizing objects (Commit #5095c1b4)
- Fix a crash when pressing the menu button with Mate desktop (Bug inbox#400)
- Fix crashes with empty text and arrow / Enter keys (Commit #f29ffcbb, Commit #decb8fcb, Commit #957032e1)
- Fix a crash when clicking at the end of a text (Commit #8306201a)
- Remove GCodetools update check (Commit #45b59e76)
More bug fixes
There were even more issues fixed than those listed above, but these probably only affect a small portion of users, or are relevant for development and packaging only.
The following UI translations received updates:
The following installer translations received updates:
The following documentation translations received updates:
Contributing to interface translations
Want to help with translations? Learn how to help!
Contributing to documentation and documentation translation
Contributions to the documentation translations, as well as improvements to its contents, are welcome at the inkscape-docs repository.