- 1 Release highlights
- 2 Improvements
- 3 Regression fixes
- 4 Notable bugfixes
- 5 More bug fixes
- 6 Translations
- 7 Documentation
- 8 Known issues
- 9 Previous releases
Not yet released
Inkscape 0.92.4 is a stability and bugfix release.
Align and Distribute
Allow to align multiple objects as group relatively to a single object
This makes "treat selection as group" useful with the selections "Last selected / First selected / Biggest object / Smallest object" in which case all elements will be moved as a group relative to the "focused" element which will be kept fixed.
Allow to constrain movement of color sliders by holding "Ctrl" key.
Previously, the current selection was lost after running an extension. Now, whenever possible, Inkscape will try to keep the objects selected.
- Some printer drivers (reportedly Canon, EPSON, and Konica Minolta drivers) either failed to print at all or scaled documents to the wrong paper size, because Inkscape always sent jobs with custom paper sizes instead of sizes supported by the drivers. (Bug #630635 comments 3-7; bug #1289733; GitLab MRs 258 and 259)
- The measurement tool got confused by mirrored text. Now it measures distances between letters correctly, even when mirrored. (Bug #1738504)
- Fix reduced opacity of partially transparent filtered objects in PDF export when "Rasterize filter effects" is active. (Bug #381677)
More bug fixes
There were even more issues fixed than those listed above, but these probably only affect a small portion of users, or are relevant for development and packaging only.
The following UI translations received updates:
The following installer translations received updates:
The following documentation translations received updates:
Contributing to interface translations
Want to help with translations? Learn how to help!
- Layout of HTML Keyboard Shortcut Reference improved
- Indicate correct keyboard shortcut for the measurement tool in Keyboard Shortcut Reference
- Clarification in the man page for usage of the -z / --verb options in combination
Contributing to documentation and documentation translation
Contributions to the documentation translations, as well as improvements to its contents, are welcome at the inkscape-docs repository.