- 1 Release highlights
- 2 Improvements
- 3 Regression fixes
- 4 Important bugfixes
- 5 More bug fixes
- 6 Translations
- 7 Documentation
- 8 Known issues
- 9 Previous releases
Not yet released
Inkscape 0.92.3 is a stability and bugfix release. For a complete list of bugs fixed in 0.92.3, see the Launchpad milestone page.
Command line usage
Three new command line options controlling page size are supported when exporting in SVG format:
--export-area-drawing(feature requests in bug #1597921 and bug #1722844)
Support for switching between RTL and LTR writing directions has been added (on narrow screens, find it by unfolding the overhang menu for the text tool's tool controls by clicking on the triangle at the far right).
New fielsd for setting vertical/horizontal radius (Rx/Ry) were added to the toolbar. (Bug #1181127)
Support for multi-line text with basic support for line-spacing attribute was added. (Bug #771959)
- Currently only the line-spacing of the top level text element is considered, i.e. all lines in one text element share the same line spacing.
- LaTeX is much more clever with respect to line spacing, so layout might not always be exactly the same as in Inkscape.
- Make sure to use a continuously scalable font in LaTeX, otherwise results might be unexpected.
A new renderer option called "Rendering tile multiplier" was added. This value... (please someone explain its effect - not what it does, that's in the tool tip, and doesn't help deciding what one needs. Does it speed up drawing? Which setting is good on low-end/high-end hardware?)
The first start of Inkscape on Windows is much faster now.
This is the result of improvements in fontconfig 2.13.0, a third party library which handles font related tasks for Inkscape. One of the tasks is creating an index of all fonts available on the system which is much faster now. If the new indexing causes any issues (i.e. fonts or glyphs not available that could be used before) make sure to let us know or report the issue directly to the fontconfig project.
- Potentially missing command line output in Inkscape 0.92.2 on Windows 7. (Bug #1714278)
- Raster extensions relying on ImageMagick were broken in Inkscape 0.92.2 on Windows. (Bug #1716516)
- gcodetools were creating wrong orientation points since the dpi change had been made for Inkscape 0.92 (Bug #1680760)
- Regression on 0.92.2 makes it impossible to fill a powerstroke shape (Bug #1715433)
- The preferences dialog was tiny by default (Bug #1360213)
- Node handles no longer get too large when selected, and they also revert back to standard size when deselected (Bug #1568644)
- Export to .odg (Open Document Drawing) works again on Windows (Bug #1654034)
- Inkscape no longer freezes when trying to import clipart from OpenClipart when the openclipart.org server takes too long to respond to requests (Bug #1745521)
- Fix crash when attempting to drag path at cap or line join. (Bug #1691406)
- Inkscape process did not exit cleanly on Windows. (Bugs #1412365 and #1715339, also causing #1714278)
- File extension was sometimes omitted when adding saved files to Windows' list of "recently used documents" resulting in unusable links ()
- Do not crash on systems with illegal fontconfig configurations. (Bug #1716516)
- Resolve issues when attempting to save files to non-existing directories. Could happen for shortcuts.xml (Bug #1719629) and when setting the autosave location manually.
- Allow cancellation of bitmap export. (Bug #1195929)
- Fix issues with PDF+LaTeX export: wrong stacking of text/graphics / missing pages in PDF output (Bugs #771957, #1417470)
- Fix shortcuts not working as expected when a non-latin keyboard layout is the primary keyboard layout on a system. (Bugs #1226962, #1730246, #1734308)
- Printing multiple copies of the document resulted in one copy and many blank pages (Bug #490866, #1733424)
- Fix export area when exporting single objects to SVG using the
--export-idcommand line switch (Bug #1306662)
More bug fixes
There were even more issues fixed than those listed above, but these fixed issues probably only affect a very small portion of users: 1652660: Relink clone to copied object does not work for Ellipses.
For an even more complete list, visit our launchpad bug tracker.
The following UI translations received updates:
The following installer translations received updates:
Contributing to interface translations
Want to help with translations? Learn how to help!
The Inkscape documentation repository, containing the man page, the keyboard shortcut list as well as the tutorials and their respective translation files, has been almost completely refactored (Java has been dropped in favor of Python), and was updated to work with git and gitlab.
The man page and the keyboard shortcut list have been updated.
Where to find recent documentation
Continuously updated man page (for command line usage), keyboard and mouse shortcut list, tutorials and translation statistics for the various parts of the Inkscape project are available on the inkscape.org website:
- Man page
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Translation statistics for Inkscape 0.92 series / development branch
Tutorials, as always, are also included with your Inkscape installation.
Contributing to documentation and documentation translation
Contributions to the documentation translations, as well as improvements to its contents, are welcome at the inkscape-docs repository.