Not yet released
Inkscape 0.92.3 is a stability and bugfix release. For a complete list of bugs fixed in 0.92.3, see the Launchpad milestone page.
Command line usage
--export-area-drawingwhen exporting to SVG.
--export-idto export to SVG
--export-marginwhen exporting to SVG
- support for switching between RTL and LTR writing directions (on narrow screens, find it by unfolding the overhang menu for the text tool's tool controls by clicking on the triangle at the far right)
- add fields for setting vertical/horizontal radius (Rx/Ry) to toolbar. (Bug #1181127)
- Add support for multiline text with basic support for line-spacing attribute (Bug #771959)
Note: Currently only the line-spacing of the top level text element is considered, i.e. all lines in one text element share the same line spacing.
Note: LaTeX is much more clever with respect to line spacing, so layout might not always be exactly the same as in Inkscape
Note: Make sure to use a continuously scalable font in LaTeX, otherwise results might be unexpected.
- New option "Rendering tile multiplier" added. This value... (please someone explain its effect - not what it does, that's in the tool tip, and doesn't help deciding what one needs. Does it speed up drawing? Which setting is good on low-end/high-end hardware?)
- Potentially missing command line output in Inkscape 0.92.2 on Windows 7. (Bug #1714278)
- Raster extensions relying on ImageMagick were broken in Inkscape 0.92.2 on Windows. (Bug #1716516)
- gcodetools were creating wrong orientation points since the dpi change had been made for Inkscape 0.92 (Bug #1680760)
- Fix crash when attempting to drag path at cap or line join. (Bug #1691406)
- Inkscape process did not exit cleanly on Windows. (Bugs #1412365 and #1715339, also causing #1714278)
- File extension was sometimes omitted when adding saved files to Windows' list of "recently used documents" resulting in unusable links ()
- Do not crash on systems with illegal fontconfig configurations. (Bug #1716516)
- Resolve issues when attempting to save files to non-existing directories. Could happen for shortcuts.xml (Bug #1719629) and when setting the autosave location manually.
- Allow cancellation of bitmap export. (Bug #1195929)
- Fix issues with PDF+LaTeX export: wrong stacking of text/graphics / missing pages in PDF output (Bugs #771957, #1417470)
- Fix shortcuts not working as expected when a non-latin keyboard layout is the primary keyboard layout on a system. (Bugs #1226962, #1730246, #1734308)
- Printing multiple copies of the document resulted in one copy and many blank pages (Bug #490866)
- Fix OpenDocument Graphics (.odg) export which failed when including linked images and was not working at all on Windows (Bug #1691406)
The following UI translations received updates:
The following installer translations received updates:
Want to help with translations? Learn how to help!
The Inkscape documentation repository, containing the man page, the keyboard shortcut list as well as the tutorials and their respective translation files, has been almost completely refactored (Java has been dropped in favor of Python), and was updated to work with git and gitlab.
Contributions to the documentation translations, as well as improvements to its contents, are welcome at the inkscape-docs repository