DRAFT - Not yet released.
Inkscape 0.92.2 is a stability and bugfix release. For a complete list of bugs fixed in 0.92.2, see the Launchpad milestone page.
- Add a control point to the centers of rectangles, circles/ellipses and stars to make it easier to align them in a precise way. (Video)
- DPI Change: Command line option
--dpi-update-method=[none|scale-viewbox|scale-document]to batch-process legacy files (Bug #1659489)
- GUI: Fix file preview on Windows when using the native file open dialog (Bug #802904)
- Printing: Fix crash when printing on Windows (Bug #1665768)
- Text: Fix tiny font size for sub/superscripts (Bug #1658029)
- GUI: Window position/size was often wrong on startup and when opening new documents (Bugs #1190828, #1654464, #195683, #568867)
- Symbols: Fix loading of Visio Stencils from .vss files with special characters in file name (Bug #1662465)
- SVG import/export: Special characters in the document's "title" field could result in invalid SVG output and prevent re-opening the file on Windows (Bugs #576126, #1627551)
- EMF/WMF import/export: Fix many issues that occurred when the system's locale was set to a language using comma (,) as decimal separator. Notably text was often positioned wrongly after import (Bugs #1089857, #1335660, #1599763, #1675755) and the export option "Convert gradients to colored polygons series" made Inkscape crash (Bug #1549015)
- LaTeX+PDF export: Fix export for text inside a masked or clipped group. (Bug #1417470)
- Extensions: The attribute
xml:space="preserve"for INX Parameters of type
descriptionwas ignored but they were untranslatable without it (Bug #1668115). The attribute is now respected and translations work properly in all cases, however please note that this might change formatting in cases that were broken before, i.e. whenever omitting the attribute. To maintain visual appearance please add the attribute.
- Import: Fix many issues with importing large files. Many files that could not be opened before (especially those containing large raster graphics) should import fine now. (Bugs #1572280, #1412912, #1373322, #1243011, #1627004, #1687090)
- Fonts: Do not load fonts with illegal characters in font family name which caused a crash. (Bugs #1508928, #1495386)
- Inkview: Fix loading files with non-ASCII characters in filename (Bug #488997)
- Fix "Shift" modifier being added incorrectly for many user defined shortcuts (making them unusable)
- Allow to set shortcuts with characters that need to be escaped (e.g. "&", "<", ">")
- Fix crash when exporting user defined shortcuts on Windows (Bug #1639701)
- Improved performance of shortcut list in preferences
- Fill and Stroke: Fix HSL color selector sometimes showing corrupted colors with a non-functioning 5th slider (Bug #1635982)
The following UI translations received updates:
Want to help with translations? Learn how to help!
* Fix link for FAQ entry on DPI change
- DPI Change: known issues with 'Scale elements' option (1653230,1653236,1654342,1654796,1654880,1654903,1655005,1655053,1660228)
- DPI Change: Default grids in documents created with Inkscape 0.91 don't scale correctly (Bug #1653893)
- Line height: Changing "baseline spacing" stops working (#1707808)
- Renderer: Artifacts in Gaussian blur effects with default quality settings (Bug #1656383)
- Node editor: Deselecting selected nodes of complex paths takes a long time (Bug #1652100)