- 1 Inkscape 0.47
- 2 Tools
- 3 Live path effects
- 4 Import/Export
- 5 Extension effects
- 6 User interface
- 7 Grids, guides, snapping
- 8 Previous releases
(not released yet)
- [helper path display - johan]
- on-canvas mask/clip edit - johan
- snapping has been improved (more details in the snapping paragraph)
Live path effects
[sketch, von koch, ...]
Corel DRAW files import
Now Inkscape can import more Corel DRAW files of following types:
- Corel DRAW Compressed Exchange files (CCX)
- Corel DRAW 7-X4 Template files (CDT)
- Corel DRAW Presentation Exchange files (CMX)
Text objects are not supported as of UniConvertor 1.1.1.
sK1 files import
Inkscape uses UniConvertor to import sK1 files. Text objects are not supported as of UniConvertor 1.1.1.
Inkscape uses UniConvertor to import Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM) files. Text objects are not supported as of UniConvertor 1.1.1.
With PDF export, it is now possible to make the PDF page the size of the entire drawing, instead of the same as SVG page as before by the "Export drawing, not page" checkbox in PDF export options. Also, you can export a single object from a complex document to PDF if you specify the ID of that object in the "Limit export to the object with ID" field; the page of such PDF will be the same size as the bounding box of that object and will show only that object (all others will be hidden).
The same capabilities are available from the command line by using
--export-id=ID parameters with
--export-pdf (previously, they only worked for PNG export).
New and improved effects
- The new Text > Convert to Braille extension recodes English (or just Latin letters) text to Braille code created for visually impaired people.
Native File Dialogs for Windows
The windows builds of inkscape now have Windows-native file dialogs to keep consistency with other windows applications.
Masks and clipping paths
The confusing icons on buttons in the controls bar of the Dropper tool (pick/assign opacity) are replaced by text labels.
Grids, guides, snapping
Snapping has been implemented or improved in these areas:
- The node tool now snaps to any unselected node (cusp or smooth) within the path that's being edited, and to cusp nodes of other paths. It also snaps to the path itself, but only to the stationary segments in between two unselected nodes.
- The object snapper now also allows to snap to the page border