- 1 Inkscape 0.47
- 2 Tools
- 3 User Interface
- 4 Import/Export
- 5 Extension effects
- 6 User interface
- 7 Grids, guides, snapping
- 8 Previous releases
(not released yet)
- [helper path display - johan]
- on-canvas mask/clip edit - johan
Native File Dialogs for Windows
The windows builds of inkscape now have Windows-native file dialogs to keep consistency with other windows applications.
Corel DRAW files import
Now Inkscape can import more Corel DRAW files of following types:
- Corel DRAW Compressed Exchange files (CCX)
- Corel DRAW 7-X4 Template files (CDT)
- Corel DRAW Presentation Exchange files (CMX)
Text objects are not supported as of UniConvertor 1.1.1.
sK1 files import
Inkscape uses UniConvertor to import sK1 files. Text objects are not supported as of UniConvertor 1.1.1.
Inkscape uses UniConvertor to import Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM) files. Text objects are not supported as of UniConvertor 1.1.1.
New and improved effects
- The new Text > Convert to Braille extension recodes English (or just Latin letters) text to Braille code created for visually impaired people.
Masks and clipping paths
Grids, guides, snapping
Snapping has been implemented or improved in these areas:
- The node tool now snaps to any unselected node (cusp or smooth) within the path that's being edited, and to cusp nodes of other paths. It also snaps to the path itself, but only to the stationary segments in between two unselected nodes.