Jump to navigation Jump to search
Inkscape 0.45: overview
- in PNG export, the resolution is now exported too.
Problems with some Debian libgc-6.7 packages
- Inkscape will hang or crash when linked with the first Debian packaged version of the Boehm garbage collection library. This problem was fixed in version 1:6.7-2 of the package. If you have libgc 6.7 on your Debian-based system, make sure that you are using that version of the package or later.
Beware of defective themes on Linux
- Inkscape and other Gtk programs can crash on any Linux, when the gtk2-engines-smooth / libsmooth package is installed. We have filed a bug against libsmooth which is now in gtk-engine and part of gnome. Removing the package resolves the problem. Update: this bug appears to be fixed in newer versions of gtk-engines. If you are affected by this problem please update to a newer version of gtk-engines. If problems persist then please inform the gtk-engines maintainers of the problem.
- A similar crash happens if the KDE Baghira theme or the package gtk_qt_engine are installed. If you experience Inkscape crashes on KDE, please try to install a different theme from Baghira, or uninstall the gtk_qt_engine package from your system. Both problems also affect older versions of Inkscape.
- If you were using certain CVS/SVN builds from autumn of 2005, you may have the file
menus.xmlhanging around in your profile directory (e.g.
~/.inkscapeon Linux). In that case you will see many errors about verbs that cannot be found, and some commands in menus will be disabled. Make sure to delete
menus.xmlto fix this.
- ReleaseNotes044 (http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/ReleaseNotes044)
- ReleaseNotes043 (http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/ReleaseNotes043)
- ReleaseNotes042 (http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/ReleaseNotes042)
- ReleaseNotes041 (http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/ReleaseNotes041)
- ReleaseNotes040 (http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/ReleaseNotes040)
- ReleaseNotes039 (http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/ReleaseNotes039)
- ReleaseNotes038 (http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/ReleaseNotes038)
- ReleaseNotes037 (http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/ReleaseNotes037)
- ReleaseNotes036 (http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/ReleaseNotes036)
- ReleaseNotes035 (http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/ReleaseNotes035)