Difference between revisions of "Release Info for 0.47"
|Line 77:||Line 77:|
== Bug Hunt ==
== Bug Hunt ==
Goal: 500 points.
Goal: 500 points.
=== Method ===
=== Method ===
Revision as of 13:20, 14 August 2009
todo: make a link somewhere on the wiki to this page (it is hard to discover at the moment)
Joshua A. Andler (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Chill: 18 April, 2009: No more refactoring.
- Frost: 4 May, 2009: Bug hunt.
- Feature Freeze: 14 Aug, 2009: No more development.
- Hard Freeze: Only release wardens can commit.
The road to 0.47 April 21, 2009
Following announcement about our participation at Google Summer of Code 2009 we declare that we are beginning to wrap up to release long anticipated 0.47 version of Inkscape.
Here is the current plan
1. Chill phase (in progress). Development focuses on wrapping up with no further refactoring. We identify 'make distcheck' issues, triage bug reports, run an About Screen contest (more on that soon) and create a draft of Release Notes, then update tutorials and other docs.
2. Frost phase (May 1, 2009). Most development is complete. Release Notes should be >90% filled in. Bug Hunt: 500 points. We also post inkscape-0.47-alpha.tar.gz
3. Feature Freeze (May 15, 2009). There will be no further development work and all features that can't be finished in time will be disabled. We focus on critical bug fixing, finalize all tutorials, docs, etc., we finalize all extensions. Translators do their work too. Inkscape must pass 'make distcheck'. We upload inkscape-0.47-beta.tar.gz
4. Hard freeze (May 25, 2009). Only release wardens can commit to mainline. We focus on release-critical bug fixing, finish translations, release notes etc. Packagers test creating pkgs of the -beta release. We upload inkscape-0.47-rc1.tar.gz
5. Branch (June 5, 2009). We establish the stable branch for release and complete any late-late-late work, also do final verification of packaging, release notes, docs, etc. and publish more release candidates until it's ready for releasing. We also plan 0.47.1+ release(s), if it's required.
6. Release. We upload inkscape-0.47.tar.gz and builds for various systems on June 15, 2009 and post official announcements.
Any help much appreciated!
- New Effects
- Ruler [max]
- Interpolate Subpaths [Johan]
- JavaFX export
- New location of preferences.xml
- Sketch mode for Pencil Tool needs more detail.
- Inkscape 0.47pre1 (Jul 02)
Goal: 500 points. Completed
Search for bugs that are Fix Released or Fix Committed, sorted by most recently changed.
- 3 Low
- 6 Medium
- 9 High
- 12 Critical
- Double if bug over one year old.
- Qualifying bugs
- No duplicates, invalid, works-for-me, or whatnot.
- True bugs only: no fixes to website, translations, docs, etc.
Top Bug Hunters
With 30 or more points:
120 van Lierop 57 theAdib 45 Bulia Byak 36 JazzyNico 33 T. Holder 30 Jon A. Cruz
Special Mention for bug reviewing:
JazzyNico, Pablo Trabajos, Alvin Penner, ~suv
507 Points (as of August 14th) 456 Points (as of August 7th) 420 Points (as of August 2nd) 378 Points (as of July 29th) 369 Points (as of July 21st) 342 Points (as of July 15th) 312 Points (as of July 9th) 294 Points (as of July 6th)
Pts BugID Fixer Description
3 372122 theAdib SVN build not working under win32 3 372372 Penner Error while opening dxf file. 3 337357 Rintel [PATCH] GCC 4.4 compilation & start fix 3 340257 ScislaC segfault on startup in nr_object_ch... 12 179373 van Lierop canvas doesn't totaly refresh when resizing 12 167762 van Lierop guides move after page resize 6 218090 theAdib crash on 32-bit file encounter (TIFF) 3 319550 Kosinski call to wrong C++ delete 3 374968 Holder rotation center gets moved 12 167525 van Lierop moving mouse results in high CPU usage 3 375245 helix84 /bin/bash: ./i18n.py: /usr/bin/python... 12 166029 van Lierop No access to marker options when st/pt none 3 375499 Holder paste into rotated or skewed groups broken 3 376064 Holder viewBox ignored on import 12 167651 Holder problems with "Zoom when window is resized" 6 193339 Kiirala Filter effects not updated "live" for images 9 372412 Jaspervdg Crash with filters 3 242105 Jon A. Cruz Version en Espanol para Mac 6 215906 JiHO User-installed fonts unavailable (OSX) 3 263932 Laibow-Koser Print preview Mac OS X 12 214186 van Lierop Assertion failed when aligning 3 379665 Shlomi Fish make install fails due to dup "default.svg" 6 179866 Holder Reverse path does not reverse nodetypes order 6 381374 Jon A. Cruz Problem compiling 'gchar* profile_path() 3 371893 van Lierop guide anchor always shown 9 380141 Jon A. Cruz [OSX] missing ~/.config 3 382394 Chris Morgan Patch: environment variable override for prefs 6 168422 van Lierop Windows XP: window opens about 20px low 9 380934 van Lierop SVN: multiple instances - gradient tool crash 9 381357 val Lierop inkscape closes wrong window and 12 168180 Jon A. Cruz svg version attribute 3 377357 Kris Error in message (web-set-att.py, ...) 3 348611 JazzyNico Measure Path off my a small amount 3 380199 JazzyNico Exporting to XAML doesn't use culture ind... 6 372171 Preben S Rendering errors in color management 18 168161 buliabyak font name dropdown steals focus, ... 3 388125 Wybrow pngs (OSX) 18 168484 theAdib Relative links use "\" in win32 platform 9 239430 van Lierop linked offset ungroup issue 6 386069 JazzyNico Embed extension fails 3 325145 Espertino Select tool mouse pointer usability 3 340311 Stefan pdf export omits some elements 3 375771 openSUSE Initialize all fields in newPoly() 3 387446 Alvin Penner Extension deprecation warnings 3 389780 Preben S Low precision in HPGL output 6 392647 Nico Lest win32 builds change links between SVG.. 3 391307 JazzyNico SVG and media output not working on Windows 3 375975 van Lierop Circles smaller than grid width not drawn 3 391923 Preben No scaling in hpgl output 3 327533 JazzyNico Calligraphy presets are not translatable 9 390162 Kosinski Wrong defaults for Calligraphy tool 3 396322 Wybrow Spell checker crashes the OS X package 3 396070 van Lierop Node snapping doesn't work with a group... 9 275519 Rintel [PATCH] ODG export produces corrupt files on x86_64 3 397793 hefee dxf import: encoding problem 6 217236 Шеган intltool - messages extracted from XML missing... 6 398240 ScislaC Eraser width broken 12 171150 Cracan Connectors should always touch the shape boundary 9 387298 Engelen Repeatable crash with VonKoch LPE 3 401111 van Lierop MMB pan doesn't start reliably when snapping is on 3 400165 Wybrow Binary Inkscape dist crashes when MacPorts... 6 168387 van Lierop Display mode toggle doesn't update radio button 3 396580 JazzyNico non-ASCII characters not displayed correctly in the open dialog 3 364224 cilic42 unnecessary tab on layers dialog 9 383244 Hochreiner With JessyInk installed in an .svg file, doc prop dialog crash 3 404488 Papouin Axonometric grid spacing lower range is too big 6 386256 JazzyNico Inkscape-0.47pre0 does not build on win32 12 195101 van Lierop stuck in zoom context when typing 'z' while dragging with a tool 9 309856 theAdib crash when doing Python-driven export to a read-only file 6 284680 theAdib on output, the option 'convert text to paths' does not work... 9 407115 theAdib Cannot open file after saving on full USB stick (CONFIRM) 6 292232 theAdib Browse button from Export show a GTK Dialog on Win32 6 387946 JazzyNico UniConvertor called with wrong filename 6 179866 T. Holder Reverse path does not reverse the nodetypes order 3 386292 M. Albert file-save-dialog doesn't update shown filename on... 6 379977 buliabyak Imagemagick Raster extensions not working 3 308183 JazzyNico Measure Path text shifted when used with a copied object 6 168780 Papouin 0.45 on winxp: Mouse not properly captured.. 6 373309 A. Johnson Print has offset on page 12 166678 A. Johnson Paper size or orientation are not used when printing 9 304018 buliabyak Crash when using LPE with node tool selected 3 407893 buliabyak Text Tool attributes messed up. 9 376068 buliabyak Inkscape 0.46_5 Segmentation fault on gradient edit
Critical Open Bugs and Issues
- Export to Open Clip Art library disabled?
- Final LPE list?
- About Screen Contest
- Need translated versions (Felipe Sanches has volunteered to help)
- String freeze date?
- There is a request to review English of new LPEs.