<a name="plugins"></a>Inkscape Plugins, Scripts, and Templates
- Inkboard plans to add a shared whiteboard function to Inkscape via XMPP (used by Jabber). With Inkboard, a local copy of a diagram can be edited "live" by other users you are chatting with.
- SVGSlice allows a high-quality SVG image to be directly sliced into bitmap graphics.
<a name="outsidetut"></a>Outside Tutorials and Tips
- Spotcolors! Tutorial to create spotcolor separations using Inkscape
- Make business cards easily with Inkscape short tutorial and 85×54mm SVGz templates provided more Inkscape tutorials are available
- A Guide to Inkscape by Tavmjong Bah
- Stopped Clock Blog Has some good Flash tutorials & other Inkscape writings
- Icons in Inkscape - mini-tut by Daj
- Tutorial: A Simple Approach to Drawing Complex Characters With Inkscape
- Unofficial Inkscape Documentation a great work-in-progress by Kevin Charles
- Some Inkscape Know-How, a beginner's guide to creating complex shapes and flowing text into them
- Text following a circle's curve
- Making Icons With Inkscape A beginner's guide to creating nice icons in Inkscape.
- Using Free Software to Do Inexpensive Digital Paste-Up A guide to using The GIMP and Inkscape to paste up pages for minicomics.
- Beez SVG animation software for win32
- Dia (more for diagrams, less for illustrations)
- The Gimp gfig
- Karbon14 (Koffice)
- GLIPS Graffiti
- mvComicsMaker vector + bitmap animation (not maintened since several years).
- Skencil (formerly known as Sketch)
- Kivio (Koffice)
- Xara X
- Macromedia Fireworks Raster graphics for the web; infrastructure shared with other Macromedia software means it works very much like a Vector Graphics program. More comparable to Adobe ImageReady, but Fireworks is very specifically designed for effecient creation of web graphics.
- Beatware Mobile Designer
- Real Draw Pro
- Ikivo Animator from Ikivo is an application that enables designing animated content for mobile devices. Most impressive is the integrated device pro-viewing for guaranteed content accuracy.
- Color Schemer A specialized tool for working with colors (for creating color schemes, finding harmonious colors, etc). The link is to an online version of the software.
- Vector vs Raster A comprehensive list of 67 Vector-based programs. 32 of the drawing programs support SVG.
Adobe SVG Viewer
- Download Page updated to v3.03 04/2005
- As of 26 April 2005, SVG is now enabled in the Firefox trunk nightlies (read comments on activation). To get a Firefox-SVG version, you can:
- Cairo will replace the graphics engine in 1.9+.
- irc.mozilla.org #svg
Opera Webbrowser SVG Support
SVGGeneralInformation on a separate page.
Open Clip Art Library
- irc.freenode.net #openclipart
- irc.freenode.net #cairo
(version >= 2.8 include a good mozilla SVG plugin)
- irc.gnome.org #librsvg or irc.gimp.org #librsvg
- irc.freenode.net #scribus
LittleCMS (Color Management System)
- LittleCMS Home Page
- mailing list on sourceforge.net
A nice ps to svg converter written in postscript. Cannot handle text. http://thunder.prohosting.com/~rshi/svg/
- Libwmf provide the wmf2svg script we use for the extension.
- FontForge Home Page
- Vector font editor and converter (ps,TTF, ...).
- Interesting feature that could be imported in inkscape: allow to modify curves by draging the curve itself.
- (feature needed - an utility can be distributed with FontForge - an open .ttf viewer and printer like KeyTypeBook for MacOS Classic (7.0 to 9.6) )
- (w32 MinGW version (instead of Cygwin) of FontForge is missing)
(BEN) This page is now rather long, it should be split up ... (TomB) agreed; some of the bullits can be shunk up (blank lines removed), & links directly about Inkscape can be put in a new page