- 1 <a name="plugins"></a>Inkscape Plugins, Scripts, and Templates
- 2 <a name="outsidetut"></a>Outside Tutorials and Tips
- 3 General SVG Information
- 4 Similar Applications
- 5 Viewers
- 6 Transcribers/Platform Optimizers
- 7 Co-Projects
<a name="plugins"></a>Inkscape Plugins, Scripts, and Templates
- Inkboard plans to add a shared whiteboard function to Inkscape via XMPP (used by Jabber). With Inkboard, a local copy of a diagram can be edited "live" by other users you are chatting with.
- SVGSlice allows a high-quality SVG image to be directly sliced into bitmap graphics.
<a name="outsidetut"></a>Outside Tutorials and Tips
- A Guide to Inkscape by Tavmjong Bah
- Stopped Clock Blog Has some good Flash tutorials & other Inkscape writings
- Icons in Inkscape - mini-tut by Daj
- Tutorial: A Simple Approach to Drawing Complex Characters With Inkscape
General SVG Information
- Constraint Based Graphics
- Polygonal Fit
- Symmetry and Tessellations
- GNOME Human Interface Guidelines (HIG)
- SVG Specification
- SVG Tutorial
- SVG and XForms
- svg.org community
- SVG Articles
- scale-a-vector English, German
- Beez SVG animation software for win32
- Dia (more for diagrams, less for illustrations)
- The Gimp gfig
- GLIPS Graffiti
- mvComicsMaker vector + bitmap animation (not maintened since several years).
- Skencil (formerly known as Sketch)
- Xara X
- Macromedia Fireworks Primarily for creating and editing web graphics; also useful for making icons, has some vector capabilities, but is not a vector editor. More comparable to the Gimp or Photoshop, though a little specialised.
- Beatware Mobile Designer
- Real Draw Pro
- Color Schemer A specialized tool for working with colors (for creating color schemes, finding harmonious colors, etc). The link is to an online version of the software.
Adobe SVG Viewer
- Download Page updated to v3.03 04/2005
- As of 26 April 2005, SVG is now enabled in the Firefox trunk nightlies (read comments on activation). To get a Firefox-SVG version, you can:
- Cairo will replace the graphics engine in 1.9+.
- irc.mozilla.org #svg
Opera Webbrowser SVG Support
SVG Implementations at the W3C - Inkscape is not on their list, but Sodipodi is
- plazmic (BlackBerry)
Open Clip Art Library
- irc.freenode.net #openclipart
- irc.freenode.net #cairo
(version >= 2.8 include a good mozilla SVG plugin)
- irc.gnome.org #librsvg or irc.gimp.org #librsvg
- irc.freenode.net #scribus
LittleCMS (Color Management System)
- mailing list on sourceforge.net
A nice ps to svg converter written in postscript. Cannot handle text. http://thunder.prohosting.com/~rshi/svg/
- Libwmf provide the wmf2svg script we use for the extension.
- Vector font editor and converter (ps,TTF, ...).
- Interesting feature that could be imported in inkscape: allow to modify curves by draging the curve itself.
- (feature needed - an utility can be distributed with FontForge - an open .ttf viewer and printer like KeyTypeBook for MacOS Classic (7.0 to 9.6) )
- (w32 MinGW version (instead of Cygwin) of FontForge is missing)
(BEN) This page is now rather long, it should be split up ...