- 1 Inkscape Plugins, Scripts, and Templates
- 2 Similar Applications
- 3 Viewers
- 4 Browsers supporting SVG
- 5 Mobile phones
- 6 Transcribers/Platform Optimizers
- 7 Co-Projects
- 8 Note
Inkscape Plugins, Scripts, and Templates
- Inkboard plans to add a shared whiteboard function to Inkscape via XMPP (used by Jabber). With Inkboard, a local copy of a diagram can be edited "live" by other users you are chatting with.
- SVGSlice allows a high-quality SVG image to be directly sliced into bitmap graphics.
- Inkscape Extension for Linerider: allows Inkscape to read and write LineRider (.sol) files; can draw straight lines, beziers, zooming, erasing, modifying nodes, text, shapes and other drawings.
- Karbon14 (Koffice)
- Skencil (formerly known as Sketch)
- Tuxpaint A child bitmap painting tool supporting SVG stamps and graphics. (GNU/GPL License)
- Abiword support SVG import/export with librsvg.
- Scribus Home Page (Contacts: irc.freenode.net #scribus )
- Beez SVG animation software for Win32, written in Delphi. "As of 2004-09-30 07:29, this project is no longer under active development."
- The Gimp gfig
- mvComicsMaker vector + bitmap animation (not maintened since several years).
- Synfig Synfig is a two-dimensional vector animation studio, similar to the commercial product Moho.
- Pencil free software (GPL) that support SVG import, manage bitmap/vector animation, serveral layers, drawing with tablet pressure, onionskin, export as flash SWF, movie, image sequence.
- Gournal a gnome2-perl graphic and text notepad using SVG as fileformat.
- java-notebook a java graphic and text notepad using SVG as fileformat
- Agave A simple GNOME application for generating colorschemes in the .gpl (Gimp palette format, not the license) Inkscape/Gimp compatible format. (GNU/GPL License)
- LittleCMS Home Page Color Management System
- Magick Vector Graphics An interesting suite of programs which handle SVG and have the flavour of Image Magick. (GNU/GPL License)
- Libwmf provide the wmf2svg script we use for the extension.
- ps2svg A nice ps to svg converter written in postscript. Cannot handle text.
- fig2vect convert from fig format (used by Xfig) to several formats including SVG (BSD license).
- fti2svg.pl A perl script to convert SGI Irix .fti vector-based icons to SVG. (License : proprietary with sources)
- UniConverter UniConverter is in some way a substitution to Vectorsection. Currently it's based on sK1 code, but soon will be separated so that other applications could easier reuse it.
- Xara X
- Macromedia Fireworks Raster graphics for the web; infrastructure shared with other Macromedia software means it works very much like a Vector Graphics program. More comparable to Adobe ImageReady, but Fireworks is very specifically designed for effecient creation of web graphics.
- Ikivo Animator from Ikivo is an application that enables designing animated content for mobile devices. Most impressive is the integrated device pro-viewing for guaranteed content accuracy.
- Moho Moho is a 2D vector-based cartoon animation application.
- theTAB The TAB 2.2 Lite is an entry level animation application, intended for creating cartoons.
- Color Schemer A specialized tool for working with colors (for creating color schemes, finding harmonious colors, etc). The link is to an online version of the software.
- Vector font editor and converter most bitmap/vector font format (ps,TTF,Type1 OpenType...)
- Can load/save SVG fonts
- Can import SVG curves to create characters.
- Interesting feature that could be imported in inkscape: allow to modify curves by draging the curve itself.
- (feature needed - an utility can be distributed with FontForge - an open .ttf viewer and printer like KeyTypeBook for MacOS Classic (7.0 to 9.6) )
- (w32 MinGW version (instead of Cygwin) of FontForge is missing)
- Vector vs Raster A comprehensive list of 67 Vector-based programs. 32 of the drawing programs support SVG.
Adobe SVG Viewer
- Download Page updated to v3.03 04/2005
Browsers supporting SVG
Konqueror web browser
-  The Konqueror KDE web browser support SVG via librsvg plugin (see below).
- As of 26 April 2005, SVG is now enabled in the Firefox trunk nightlies (read comments on activation). To get a Firefox-SVG version, you can:
- Cairo will replace the graphics engine in 1.9+.
- irc.mozilla.org #svg
Opera Webbrowser SVG Support
There are millions of phones sold with SVGt 1.1 support and the SVGt 1.2 phones will soon hit the market.
SVGGeneralInformation on a separate page.
Open Clip Art Library
- irc.freenode.net #openclipart
- irc.freenode.net #cairo
(version >= 2.8 include a good mozilla SVG plugin)
- irc.gnome.org #librsvg or irc.gimp.org #librsvg
- A c++ library to create, manipulate and render SVG, for the wx toolkit.
- Vectorstation is an open-source collection of programs which form a universal vector-graphics translation system
- libcaca (Colour AsCii Art library) is a library and a set of tools to convert pictures and video to colored ascii art. It allow to export rendered color ascii art to SVG, PNG, ANSI colored text, HTML and PS.
GD::SVG perl module
- GD::SVG allow any perl script using GD API to render graphics to render SVG using cairo instead of traditional GD bitmap by only replacing 'Use GD' by 'Use GD::SVG' and 'GD::Image->new();' by 'GD::SVG::Image->new();'
There is at least 4 libs to manipulate/render SVG in Ruby : Two for managing SVG generally
And two more specialized in graph :
(BEN) This page is now rather long, it should be split up ...
(TomB) agreed; some of the bullet points can be condensed (blank lines removed), & links directly about Inkscape can be put in a new page
(BEN) Please remove references to Uberconverter soonest