- 1 Inkscape Plugins, Scripts, and Templates
- 2 Outside Tutorials and Tips
- 3 Similar Applications
- 4 Viewers
- 5 Transcribers/Platform Optimizers
- 6 Co-Projects
- 7 Note
Inkscape Plugins, Scripts, and Templates
- Inkboard plans to add a shared whiteboard function to Inkscape via XMPP (used by Jabber). With Inkboard, a local copy of a diagram can be edited "live" by other users you are chatting with.
- SVGSlice allows a high-quality SVG image to be directly sliced into bitmap graphics.
Outside Tutorials and Tips
- Spotcolors! Tutorial to create spotcolor separations using Inkscape
- Make business cards easily with Inkscape short tutorial and 85×54mm SVGz templates provided more Inkscape tutorials are available
- A Guide to Inkscape by Tavmjong Bah
- Stopped Clock Blog Has some good Flash tutorials & other Inkscape writings
- Icons in Inkscape - mini-tut by Daj
- Tutorial: A Simple Approach to Drawing Complex Characters With Inkscape
- Unofficial Inkscape Documentation a great work-in-progress by Kevin Charles
- Some Inkscape Know-How, a beginner's guide to creating complex shapes and flowing text into them
- Text following a circle's curve
- Making Icons With Inkscape A beginner's guide to creating nice icons in Inkscape by Ben Powers.
- Using Free Software to Do Inexpensive Digital Paste-Up A guide to using The GIMP and Inkscape to paste up pages for minicomics.
- Abiword support SVG import/export with librsvg.
- Beez SVG animation software for Win32, written in Delphi. "As of 2004-09-30 07:29, this project is no longer under active development."
- Dia (more for diagrams, less for illustrations)
- The Gimp gfig
- Gournal a gnome2-perl graphic and text notepad using SVG as fileformat.
- Karbon14 (Koffice)
- GLIPS Graffiti
- mvComicsMaker vector + bitmap animation (not maintened since several years).
- Skencil (formerly known as Sketch)
- Synfig Synfig is a two-dimensional vector animation studio, similar to the commercial product Moho.
- Kivio (Koffice)
- Xara X
- Moho Moho is a 2D vector-based cartoon animation application.
- theTAB The TAB 2.2 Lite is an entry level animation application, intended for creating cartoons.
- Macromedia Fireworks Raster graphics for the web; infrastructure shared with other Macromedia software means it works very much like a Vector Graphics program. More comparable to Adobe ImageReady, but Fireworks is very specifically designed for effecient creation of web graphics.
- Beatware Mobile Designer
- Real Draw Pro
- Ikivo Animator from Ikivo is an application that enables designing animated content for mobile devices. Most impressive is the integrated device pro-viewing for guaranteed content accuracy.
- Agave A simple GNOME application for generating colorschemes.
- Color Schemer A specialized tool for working with colors (for creating color schemes, finding harmonious colors, etc). The link is to an online version of the software.
- Vector vs Raster A comprehensive list of 67 Vector-based programs. 32 of the drawing programs support SVG.
- Magick Vector Graphics An interesting suite of programs which handle SVG and have the flavour of Image Magick.
Adobe SVG Viewer
- Download Page updated to v3.03 04/2005
- As of 26 April 2005, SVG is now enabled in the Firefox trunk nightlies (read comments on activation). To get a Firefox-SVG version, you can:
- Cairo will replace the graphics engine in 1.9+.
- irc.mozilla.org #svg
Opera Webbrowser SVG Support
There are millions of phones sold with SVGt 1.1 support and the SVGt 1.2 phones will soon hit the market.
SVGGeneralInformation on a separate page.
Open Clip Art Library
- irc.freenode.net #openclipart
- irc.freenode.net #cairo
(version >= 2.8 include a good mozilla SVG plugin)
- irc.gnome.org #librsvg or irc.gimp.org #librsvg
- irc.freenode.net #scribus
LittleCMS (Color Management System)
- LittleCMS Home Page
- mailing list on sourceforge.net
A nice ps to svg converter written in postscript. Cannot handle text. http://thunder.prohosting.com/~rshi/svg/
- Libwmf provide the wmf2svg script we use for the extension.
- Vector font editor and converter (ps,TTF, ...).
- Interesting feature that could be imported in inkscape: allow to modify curves by draging the curve itself.
- (feature needed - an utility can be distributed with FontForge - an open .ttf viewer and printer like KeyTypeBook for MacOS Classic (7.0 to 9.6) )
- (w32 MinGW version (instead of Cygwin) of FontForge is missing)
- Vectorstation is an open-source collection of programs which form a universal vector-graphics translation system
- UniConverter is in some way a substitution to Vectorsection. Currently it's based on sK1 code, but soon will be separated so that other applications could easier reuse it.
(BEN) This page is now rather long, it should be split up ...
(TomB) agreed; some of the bullet points can be condensed (blank lines removed), & links directly about Inkscape can be put in a new page
(BEN) Please remove references to Uberconverter soonest