Jump to navigation Jump to search
A List of Refactoring Projects
See Refactoring plan for guidelines on how to refactor.
- Derive SPStar from SPShape (not SPPolygon), update 'object/README'.
- Move sp-item-transform.h functions into SPItem.
- Move sp-item-update-cns.h function into SPItem.
- Move sp-item-rm-unsatisfied-cns.h function into SPItem.
- Remove config.h code (or document why it is needed). DOCUMENT/Autogenerated
Remove macros.h (or document why it is needed). DELETE Remove dependence on Glib::object in ResourceManager().
- Simplify ResourceManager... it does only one thing: fix broken links.
- In SPObject one can write:
setKeyValue( sp_attribute_lookup("x"), "y");
These are redundant and neither is really convenient. SPObject perhaps should have it's own setAttribute() function.
- Rename helper-fns.h with a better discriptive name and move to util(?). MOVE/RENAME
- Remove dependence on object-set.h in files in src/livarot directory.
- Evaluate all the functions in io/sys.h/.cpp. See if we can't use standard glib functions.
Remove god-awful SPWidget (only used for selection).Yeah!!!
- Move most files in 'src' to subdirectories, add README for each directory with description of contents. (Tav)
- In toolbars, use dataKludge or data or tbl or holder ... but not all four! (Side benefit of C++ify toolbars.) (Alex)
- Remove InkAction class. Normal GTK button actions should be able to handle SVG icons... no need for derived class. (Alex)
- Make data members private in SPI::Base and derived class. Add set() function. Default to SP_STYLE_UNSET in constructor, setting to SP_STYLE_SRC_PROP in set(). (Tav)
- Sort out URL/file handling. See URIs and Filenames.
- Find all the ways we output error/status messages to users (this does not include developer focused error messages that use std::cerr). Pick one and use it everywhere. The goal should be to be able to build Inkscape without a GUI but if the GUI is used, the user will see the messages on the desktop.
- Look at Inkscape::URIReference and derived classes to see if they can't be simplified/templated/etc.
- C++ify toolbars. (Alex)
- Convert all GtkActions's and Gtk::Action's to Gio::Action's. See GtkAction migration (Alex)
- Add a one or two line description of what each file contains at the top of the file if it is missing. (Everyone)
- Remove livarot, moving any needed functionality into lib2geom or other files.
Super Large Projects
- Convert verbs to Gio::Action's.
- Convert GUI to XML files. (Long term.)
Invert 'y' coordinate system to match SVG. (Look at previous patch... link?)