Difference between revisions of "Potrace"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Not all multiSyllabic words must be spelled with alterNating capiTals. Potrace is never spelled "PoTrace". Yuck!)
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
* [http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/html/.html ]
Revision as of 19:36, 21 January 2009
- Import the bitmap you want to trace using the File menu, (File->Import...)
- Select the bitmap
- Choose trace from the Path Menu (Path->Trace Bitmap ...)
- The Trace Bitmap dialog has settings for the tracing operation and a "preview"
- When you are happy with the preview, click OK, potrace will spend a few seconds processing the bitmap
- Close the dialog box and verify that you bitmap has been converted to a grouped set of vector shapes. (Autodmc 11:23, 9 February 2006 (PST))
features welcome on Potrace:
- tracing picture sequences or movie clips (.mpeg, .avi, .mov, .gif animated, .iff animated) into .sgv or .pdf sequences, .svg animated, and .swf