Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page identifies exactly what sort of PDF support Inkscape needs. This information is essential to complete the plan for the PrintingConsensusPoll.
- Arbitrary .pdf and .ps files can be opened or imported directly into an inkscape document in exactly the way that .svg files are imported.
- All shapes are editable
- All text is rendered in the same font as the original .pdf
- All text is appropriately sequential (multi-column pdfs are handled correctly)
- Arbitrary .svg files can be "saved as" .pdf files
- What does the .pdf rendering model have that .svg does not?
- What does the .svg rendering model have that .pdf does not?
- Hyperlinks in the PDF file are preserved in the SVG.
- Exporting the SVG to .png produces a pixel accurate ...
- ... please refactor and refine ...