New feature proposals
Proposals for New Features
This page is for links to pages describing concepts, proposals, and specs for new features, major architectural changes, large scale codebase refactorings, etc. As they are implemented, these links should be moved to more appropriate areas of the Wiki. The idea here is to enable everyone to hash out requirements and design of a potential new feature in detail prior to implementation. See also: InkscapeExperimental and Roadmap.
- A user's list of suggestions/wishes: I recently finished a web project using Inkscape (mainly). This is a list of the things I wished it had, the things I liked but wanted to tweak and other observations as I was working. Perhaps it will help the programmers to see what a designer sees. I hope.
- FeatureNotePad: use this for small notes and enhancement ideas, or for temporarily dumping feature requests (e.g. from mailing lists) before they are thought over, categorized, and put into pages of their own
- DirectoryReorgProposal [DONE]
- NonRecursiveMakefile [DONE]
- SharingDefs: Not exactly new, but need conversion/upgrade
- PlugIns: This could be script ideas as well.
- HUD: putting head up displays on the sp-canvas
- ScriptingLanguages & options for handling extensibility
- TestingFramework: Creating testing framework
- ClipTemplates - svg templates
- Cairoification: replace svg renderer
- XML repair service for broken or weird files
- SplitPaneUI View
- Pre-installed gradients
- rotate group of path points(knots)
- Searching within Inkscape
- UsingTheConnectorTool (various improvements to the Connector tool)
- PureSVG: SVG that plays well with others
Review Inkscape RFE's and SodiPodi's Tasks
Please review the following links, extract ideas, and develop them further for inclusion and discussion on this WIKI page.