Difference between revisions of "Lib2geom"
m (Minor markup tweaks)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
can be the
Revision as of 00:21, 12 November 2018
What is lib2geom?
lib2geom (2Geom in private life) was initially a library developed for Inkscape, but it can provide a robust computational geometry framework for any application. It is not a rendering library, instead concentrating on high level algorithms such as computing arc length.
Quick Feature List
- Functional programming style.
- Efficient affine transformations
- Convex Hulls
- Bounded error
- General purpose paths:
- Exact elliptical arcs
- Centroid and bending moments
- Path Locations:
- Determination of special spots (e.g. maximum curvature)
- Point, tangent, curvature at location
- Efficient arc length and inverse arc length
- Path algebra:
- Computations such as offset curves can be written with their mathematical definition and still get a bounded error, efficient curve. (preliminary trials indicate offset done this way out performs the method used in Inkscape)
- Arbitrary distortion (with bounded error):
- Mesh distorts
- Computational distorts such as the GIMP's 'vortex' plugin
- 3d mapping (perspective, flag, sphere)
- Exact boolean ops (elliptic arcs remain elliptic arcs)
- Efficient 2d database
- Implicit function plotting
- NURBs input and output
- Tunable path simplification
- PDoF constraint system for CAD/CAGD
WorkingWith2GeomFAQ: real-life questions answered about using
2Geom in real code
lib2geom py2geom: Python bindings to
2geom. With this you can use the power of
2geom in Python scripts.