Leadership Committee Status Updates
Place and Time
We meet in #inkscape-devel on freenode. You can also join the #team-devel discussion channel on chat.inkscape.org to partake in the meeting.
Board meetings are typically the first Friday of each month.
Everybody in the Inkscape community is invited to participate.
Next meeting: 10:00 PDT/17:00 UTC/19:00 CEST, (click for world clock), Fri., Oct. 2, 2020. (Time is fixed to 10 AM Pacific Time.)
- Apple developer membership status update (bryce)
- Gitlab OSS program progress (MC)
- Outreachy program report (Mc)
- GSoC Mentor Summit? (Tav)
- Developer meeting update (Mc)
- How was 1.0.1?
- Release date for 1.1
- Community and developer development. (Tav)
- Vectors update (ryangorley)
- Board structure update(?) (ted)
- We've talked about board members have specific responsibilities. I've tried to come up with a list of specific tasks.
- SFC Liaison
- Communicate issues with SFC. Followup to ensure issues are addressed.
- Report results of board votes to SFC.
- Prepare budget (yearly).
- Prepare votes for budget items.
- Monthly reports (one or two lines).
- Board Meeting Manager
- Announce meetings.
- Updates agenda with board member's input.
- Posts minutes (if we switch to video meetings, keep notes).
- Community in-reach
- Liaisons with various groups of Inkscape's internal community (developers, translators, etc.).
- Hackfest coordinator (Aids hackfest organizers deal with logistics, SFC rules, etc.).
- Developer development.
- Community out-reach
- Development of greater community (e.g. users).
- Monitors social media.
- Vector's liaison.
- Fund raising
- Looks for new sources of funding.
- Co-ordinates with Vector's and others on funding campaigns.
- I (Tav) would volunteer for the treasurer role.
- Feedback on proposals to change board operation (doctormo)
- Next Hackfest
- Need someone to handle escalated complaints re CoC, since Krzysztof Kosiński has resigned. Hopefully someone with training or experience with conflict resolution or mediation. Not much time needed, probably would never happen, but need to be ready just in case. Currently it's vacant.
Board Meeting Transcripts