Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 18:08, 14 April 2020 by Patrick87 (Don't lie to users (starting with 1.0 the Windows installer is not translatable anymore and default templates are auto-generated))
Go back to the main Translation information page.
Main translation file
When you are done with your translation and enjoyed testing it, submit your work.
- Make sure you have the release of Inkscape you are translating installed. If you're translating the coming release, pick a pre-release and compile it.
- Compile your PO file to .mo. Some translation tools (e.g. Poedit) have an option for that.
- Find and replace your language's .mo file. It is a file named ‘locale/your_language/LC_MESSAGES/inkscape.mo’, in the directory listed under Edit > Preferences > System > Inkscape Data in Inkscape.
Note: This will not work with the snap, .dmg, AppImage or flatpak version of Inkscape, but only with a version that has been properly installed on your system and with extracted binary archives (zip files for Windows) or self-compiled versions. In some cases, you may need administrator privileges to edit files in said directory.
- Rename the original inkscape.mo file to inkscape.mo.bak and save your compiled .mo file into its place as inkscape.mo instead
- Then start Inkscape and you'll see your strings!