Jump to navigation Jump to search
- hyperlinking in documents
- png support through GdkPixBuf
- What's wanted in particular? Certainly inkview already support png images.
- libgsf for archives
- SVG 1.2: multiple pages
- Load from URL (web browsing)
- Ability to hide/show layers
- Command-line options:
- --fullscreen - Start in full-screen mode (F11)
- --refresh[=nn] - "nn" is URL auto-refresh time in milliseconds. Value less than reload/redraw rate means continuous refresh. When no value is given, reload local file whenever it changes.
- --use-instance[=n] - Re-use existing Inkview window. "n" is a valid pid, or 0,1,2.. for inkview instances in pid order. No value implies use newest instance (highest pid).
Blue Sky Thoughts
- Import Charts from Gnumeric
- Use text handling features from AbiWord in text boxes
- Become embeddable (Netscape-Plugin?/KPart?)
- Templates - Make content of slides in text/xml and apply SVG look&feel separately
- Data stream visualization - dynamically update a shape/graphic in response to data value changes
- Changes in what value, i.e. what sort of input?
- Enabling zoom and panning on SVG view (even fullscreen mode)
- Can define an special layer on the SVG called, for example, "slides" where there are objects with ids like "silde01", "slide02" and so on. Then:
- When spacebar is pressed, zoom and pan will adapt to this slide objects.
- This will make possible to use Inkscape like some sort of pttPlex but without using powerpoint (sounds great, no?)