Jump to navigation Jump to search
Invariants of InkScape
These are the founding goals for Inkscape that we'll be adhering to in this project.
- Full SVG (plus XML, CSS2) compliance
- Core written in C/C++
- Gtk-based user interface following the standards set out in the GNOME HIG
- Emphasis on a small core and extensibility. Extensions should be first-class citizens, so we can say "no" to features in the core without guilt.
- Open, community-oriented development processes
- Baseline is the SodipodiHydra codebase
- Where a better solution cannot be found, default to the way Illustrator does it.
OtherGoals - discussion of general project objectives and motivations