Jump to navigation Jump to search
Articles and Presentations
Please place presentation outlines, papers, and abstracts below.
Abstracts and Files
- OSCon2004Abstract - Ted's abstract for the conference. If it gets accepted, hopefully we can put a bunch of effort into that endeavour via this wiki.
- PresentationInkscapeOverview - More in-depth points and so forth.
- TufteStylePresentation - A plain and simple Edward Tufte type presentation outline.
- GeneralConferenceAbstract - A general abstract and extended abstract that can be copied and pasted for various conferences.
- Phillips, Jon. "Open Source + Open Content." Visiting Artist Lectures and Exhibitions 2004-2005, San Francisco Art Institute. 2005-03-08.
- Phillips, Jon. Inkscape Birds of a Feather Meeting. Siggraph, Los Angeles. 2004-08-09.
- Phillips, Jon. "CVS and Distributive Writing using Common Open Source Software." Narr@tive: Digital Storytelling, UCLA Hammer Museum. 2004-04-23.
- Phillips, Jon. "Vector Aesthetics." 040404 Symposium, UC Berkeley. 2004-04-04.
- Phillips, Jon. "Inkscape: Overview." Center for Research in Computing and the Arts (CRCA), University of California, San Diego (UCSD). 2004-03-10.
- Vieites, Lucas. "Presentation of Inkscape at Universidad de A Coruna." Universidad de A Coruna. 2004-11.
Online Articles about Inkscape
- Harrington, Bryce. osnews: Inkscape - A Union of Contributions Makes a Difference. 2004-07
- Harrington, Bryce. Introducing Inkscape 0.40 - By Bryce Harrington, November 29, 2004.
- Follow Your Bliss
- Slashdot article & discussion: "Introduction To Inkscape And Its Future"
- newsforge article
- gnome footnotes for 0.39 release
- A nice tutorial focused on Inkscape, in French.
- nice overview of svg and inkscape
- German language article with beginner's tutorial
- Review and rapid results tutorial
- Swirly curls - Use spiral tool to create swirls
- Inkscape Tutorials - Includes an overview of usage and a tutorial on the Bezier tool
Release of Inkscape 0.45
Release of Inkscape 0.44
- http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/74651 (German)
- http://www.golem.de/0606/46108.html (German)
- http://pl.wikinews.org/wiki/Inkscape_0.44_wydany (Polski)
- http://de.wikinews.org/wiki/SVG-Zeichenprogramm_Inkscape_0.44_erschienen (German)
- http://www.gnuzilla.info/download/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=GNUzilla18-19.pdf&directory=& (PDF, Serbian)
Great Articles on SVG and Vector Graphics
- w3c's About SVG Document (defines and shows uses for)
- IX Article (German) SVG I: Grundlagen skalierbarer Webgrafik, SVG-Tutorial II: Filter und Animationen, SVG-Tutorial III: Scripting und Datenbankauswertung
- SVG and Typography: Bells and Whistles
- Introduction to Inkscape 0.4
Print Articles (Magazines and Newspapers) about Inkscape
- Peter König: Hausmannskunst - Günstige Vektorzeichenprogramme für Amateure, c't 12/2006, Seite 168 - review article of vector programs (including Inkscape 0.43) in the German c't magazine - Report on c't article 12/2006
- Linux Format Magazine Issue 80, June 2006 - Cover special on Libre Graphics. Had a roundup of the inaugural LGM, including two pages dedicated to Inkscape, in addition to pages on Scribus, Gimp and Xara.
- Kreusel, Peter. "Inkscape - if you need something more than a bitmap, try the Inkscape vector graphics tool", Issue 56, July 2005, Linux Magazine, pp. 82-84.
- Linux Format Magazine Christmas 04 Issue - brief mention in the news section, pointing out the .40 release and hightlighting some key additions. included GO! screenshot.
- Linux Format Magazine Issue 55 review of inkscape Issue 56 featured a roundup of vector graphics applications including Inkscape. Inskcape received 8/10 and was was second only to OpenOffice.org Draw which also received 8/10.
- Linux Magazine Issue 47, October 2004 featured a roundup of vector graphics applications including Inkscape.
- Linux User and Developer Magazine Issue 47, March 2005 featured a roundup of vector graphics applications including Inkscape written by Miriam Clinton.
- Benvenuti su Inkscape - Magazine review of Inkscape
- Aleksandar Urošević. "Inkscape 0.42.2 - Vektorski golgeter", Svet Kompjutera, November 2005, review of Inkscape in Serbian IT magazine (Online version)