Inkscape Devlibs are a bundle of libraries and tools used to compile Inkscape. It is hosted in a Launchpad repository.
Updating the C part of devlibs
The C part of devlibs can be directly copied from official development bundles. Do not copy unneeded stuff like .lib, .def, static libraries, examples or documentation.
Rebuilding the C++ part of devlibs
This is a description of the process I used to build the C++ libraries present in the devlibs. --Tweenk 00:50, 1 February 2010 (UTC)
- Install the TDM-GCC build of MinGW into c:\tdm-gcc (or any other folder)
- Install MSYS. Choose c:\tdm-gcc as your MinGW installation directory.
- Install Doxygen. gtkmm wants it, otherwise it won't build.
- Download current devlibs into C:\devlibs
- Download sources for C++ libraries. Those are: libsigc++, glibmm, cairomm, pangomm, gtkmm. We use only header-only libraries from boost, so it doesn't need to be rebuilt - just copy the headers.
- Create an empty directory C:\devlibs-update
- Run MSYS. Set up paths the following way. The object of this is to build gtkmm using the glibmm you have just built.
$ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/c/devlibs-update/lib/pkgconfig:/c/devlibs/pkgconfig $ PATH="/c/devlibs-update/bin:$PATH:/c/devlibs/bin" $ PATH="$PATH:/c/Program Files/Doxygen/bin"
- For each C++ library, configure, build and install it. Do it in the following order: libsigc++, glibmm, cairomm, pangomm, gtkmm. The commands should look like this:
$ CXXFLAGS="-O2" ./configure --prefix=/c/devlibs-update $ make $ make install
- pangomm, cairomm and gtkmm seem to want Freetype2, but don't use pkg-config to find it. For them, do something like this. Note that those are backticks, not apostrophes.
$ FT2_CFLAGS=`pkg-config --cflags freetype2` $ FT2_LIBS=`pkg-config --libs freetype2` $ CXXFLAGS="-O2 $FT2_CFLAGS" LDFLAGS="$FT2_LIBS" ./configure --prefix=/c/devlibs-update
- giomm (which is part of glibmm) has a defective main header which includes Unix-specific stuff that is not built on Windows. Comment out the following three includes in C:\devlibs-update\include\giomm-2.4\giomm.h. Otherwise gtkmm will not build.
#include <giomm/desktopappinfo.h> #include <giomm/unixinputstream.h> #include <giomm/unixoutputstream.h>
- Prune C:\devlibs-update from unneeded stuff. In particular, you don't need static libraries, libtool files (.la), documentation and example programs. Note however that you DO need import libraries. They end with .dll.a - don't confuse them with static libraries that end with .a.
- Copy the contents of C:\devlibs-update to C:\devlibs and enjoy.