Gradient tool goodness that Johan is working on. As items are taken care of, they're removed from the main text of this page. The controls/features will be copied to the bottom of this page in temp release notes (they will be fleshed out prior to the 0.46 release).
For a video: see jimmac's video
strike through = i _think_ it's fixed, but please check; remove if confirmed fix :) (johan)
The old diffs were here, but now the latest version can be found in SVN HEAD.
- Port the "repeat" combobox from the fill & stroke dialog.
- Port the spinbox for location of currently selected stop - enables precision placement.
- Selecting more than one stop also accomplished with the Mousewheel (just like the node tool).
- Sculpting - Alt modifier will sculpt stops like the node tool.
- Change alpha of selected stop(s) with modifier + mousewheel hovering over stop (perhaps Alt+Mousewheel)
- rotating/resizing the gradient by using the [,],<, and > keys. (these keys perform those functions in other tools)
- "Drag and Drop" from the color palette
- Mid-stops can leave the fixed plane if arrow keys are used to move them.(other bugs materialize with a linear gradient if you move by mouse after it's left the plane via keys)
Please add how you want it to be: arrow up or right moves midstop into direction of endstop; arrow down or left the other way? (johan)
I believe that sounds like a reasonable solution. The only thing I fear is when the End or Start is the opposite direction of the arrow key you press.So I guess the question is, can we always have it go the expected direction?
- Gradient fill & Stroke issue...
- Create object, create fill gradient with color of choice, create stroke gradient with different colors.
- Create object, on gradient toolbar choose the Stroke button, and select one of the two gradients. Then switch the button on the toolbar to Fill and choose the other gradient.
The result is that when you assign the gradient to the fill on step two, it will change the stroke to that same gradient as well. May be present in 0.45.
Note that this does work when a knot of a gradient has been selected. When nothing is selected and using the "change" selector, it should look at the settings of the toggle buttons to the left to see what to apply? Also linear of radial gradient? (johan) Is fixed half now. (does not listen to the linear or radial setting of buttons) (johan).
- With multiple stops selected, if an end stop is included in selection it doesn't shift nodes, it only resizes gradient.
- With multiple stops selected, if you select every other stop it will only shift the selected stop your mouse is moving, other selected stops won't move.
it only moves the knots that are selected as a closed group (no unselected knots in between). This is easy way out for me at the moment. Thought in progress about this one.
Undo delete of multiple stops undoes the deletion one stop at a time.
Gradient Tool changes:
- Stops in gradients can be added, deleted, and edited on-canvas now.
- Stops can be added by double clicking on the gradient line or by Ctrl+Alt+Click on the line.
- Stops can be deleted by Ctrl+Alt+Click on a Stop or the delete key for the selected stop(s).
- More than one stop can be selected at a time.
- Can be moved together if next to each other.
- Can be deleted at same time.