Inkscape + Inkboard project schedule
In keeping with the usual unpredictability of software engineering projects, this schedule is very coarse, and time estimates overlap. Granularity will increase as progress is made and feedback is received.
Week 0 - Week 1 (pre-June 24 - July 2)
- Enhance familiarity with Inkboard and current Inkscape code. [Inkboard code: familiar, Inkscape code: learning more as I integrate.]
- Enhance familiarity with the Inkboard state machine and protocol. [Done; will return to this as necessary.]
- Learn about the class structure of Inkboard and how it integrates into Inkscape. [Done; will return to this as necessary.]
Week 1 - Week 3/4 (July 2 - July 16 / July 23)
- Begin and finish integration of current Inkboard codebase into Inkscape CVS. [Mostly there; reworking ID scheme for XML nodes.]
- Integrate UI elements. [Done.]
- Integrate Jabber server communication code. [Done.]
- Integrate client communication code. [Done.]
- Integrate object listeners. [Reworking for new ID scheme.]
- Integrate send and receive code. [Done.]
Week 3 - Week 7/8/End (July 16 - August 13/20 / September 1)
- Work on stabilization and bug-fixing of integrated Inkboard code. [Have fixed most fatal crash bugs; working on document consistency issues.]
(in order of importance, to be juggled as necessary):
- Complete user -> chatroom whiteboard support.
- UI enhancements.
- Session file support.
- Add rudimentary chat facility based on Jabber.
- Complete Inkboard protocol specification.