Hackfest2019 SCALE Topics
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Topics for Inkscape Hackfest 2019 in Pasadena
Inkscape 1.0 release
- 1.0 Beta in March/April timeframe
- 1.0 preN?
- 1.0 in June timeframe
- Bug review
- Priority bugs
- Future Architecture [Tav]
- Complexity vs New Features [Tav]
Inkscape 1.1 Release
- Feature development objectives
- Stability objectives
Recruiting of new developers
- Extensions seems to be a popular path.
- Encourage people to write extensions.
- Organized outreach/recruitment efforts?
- Review developer onboarding guidelines
- What are the major questions new devs have
- What areas of the codebase do we need stronger institutional memory in?
- Bug migration
- Fundraiser drives
- Hackfests & Conferences
- Organizational needs / staffing
- Contracts (very specific, highly supervised work, very short term)
- Grants (general topic, more self-directed, short/mid-term)
- Fellowships (open ended, long term)
- Education subsidizing
- Set up a Funding Team
- Vectors-type team but chartered for to scout for money
- Actively goes out and ask for donations
- Develops fundraising ideas into actionable plans
- Maintains sponsor records
- Writes grant proposals
- Solicits sponsorship from companies
- Works with Vectors team on messaging and broader outreach efforts
- Works with Web team on sponsor visibility/appearance on website
- Works with Devel team on scoping out funding opportunities