This page details the planning of Inkscape's 2017 hackfest.
A hackfest! We will work on Inkscape bugs, new features, and packaging as well as website issues; in fact anything that can benefit from developers and users being physically in the same space.
Paris is well connected with three international airports (including the second busiest Europe) as well as being the center of the TGV high speed train network. It is centrally located in Europe and is an easy trip for many Inkscape hackers. There are direct flights to/from most major US cities.
Mc_ can contact CNAM, ENS, and TELECOM (French education institutes) about meeting space.
- All the benefits of being in the center of one of the most vibrant world cities.
- High cost.
Paris suburb with easy train connection from Paris (50 minutes from central Paris, trains every 15 minutes, opposite end of train line that connects Paris to Charles de Gaulle airport).
- Pleasant town in the Haute Vallée de Chevreuse Regional Natural Park. 11th century chateau towers over the neighboring town.
- For a small gathering (<=10), Tav can host at his home. Nearby AirBnB and pleasant hotel within walking distance as well as a couple of bakeries and restaurants.
- Lower cost than Paris proper.
- A bit far from central Paris.